• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So another Tory Government

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So another Tory Government

BBC News - Bank of England says the UK recovery has taken hold

If that continues it will pretty much win the next general election. They have dealt with the economy. What will Balls et all moan about now?

Labour will run it close, people identify with the 'ordinary working families' stuff they keep going on about.

Comment

they Jam with us and its all the millionaires fault is an attractive Mantra. The thing the tories should bang on about is how New Lie sold the family silver to the millionaires and let the bankers run wild.

I suppose nearer the election they will turn on the charm offensive.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        they Jam with us and its all the millionaires fault is an attractive Mantra. The thing the tories should bang on about is how New Lie sold the family silver to the millionaires and let the bankers run wild.

I suppose nearer the election they will turn on the charm offensive.
        The problem with arguing that Labour let the bankers run wild, is that Cameron and Osborne were calling for less regulation of the banks at the time, which isn't much of a record to boast about.

If Labour can sucker Cameron into having to veer to the right over Europe to counter the UKIP threat, then they are in with a chance - divide and conquer.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
          The problem with arguing that Labour let the bankers run wild, is that Cameron and Osborne were calling for less regulation of the banks at the time, which isn't much of a record to boast about.

If Labour can sucker Cameron into having to veer to the right over Europe to counter the UKIP threat, then they are in with a chance - divide and conquer.
          While Balls and Milliband are in charge they have no chance on winning, they were part of the government that almost bankrupted the UK. They need a new new labour clear-out.

Comment

As many of the better policies have been lib dem ones (particularly the higher tax allowance, which should go much further IMO) I'm hopeful there will be another coalition to reign in the worst excesses of whichever bunch of lunatics actually wins.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
              While Balls and Milliband are in charge they have no chance on winning, they were part of the government that almost bankrupted the UK. They need a new new labour clear-out.
              I'll never forget Gordon saying he'd saved the world. The Tories should use that.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Right now I think Labour are ahead. We might be growing but cuts and so on are not letting up, shops are closing and being replaced with ugly £ shops, etc.

Joe Public needs to see some visible signs that we have turned a corner. The idea we have to tighten our belts was reasonable at the start but memories are short, people need to believe it achieved something tangible to believe in it again.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm glad there are some good numbers to show for the cuts/austerity.

You should see some of the generalisations, deletions and distortions the lefties are coming out with to try and rubbish them on the daily mail/huffington post etc...

It's hilarious - but also a bit depressing that so many people just think what they want to think because evil tory rich people want to close hospitals and let the poor starve so they can live it up and laugh at them.

Hopefully they'll listen to Russell Brand and not vote.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    While Balls and Milliband are in charge they have no chance on winning, they were part of the government that almost bankrupted the UK.
                    Never underestimate the stupidity of the average Labour voter.

Comment

Working...
                    X