• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh the whitewash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh the whitewash

MI6 Spy in a bag Gareth Williams 'probably locked himself inside it' - London - News - London Evening Standard

The MI6 spy found dead in a bag in his Pimlico flat three years ago probably locked himself inside it, a Met review of the case said today.

Senior officers said they could can find no evidence that the GCHQ codebreaker was a victim of an assassination by the security services or any other third party. The partially-decomposed naked body of Gareth Williams, 31, was found inside the padlocked holdall in his bath in August 2010 sparking a host of theories.
    It follows a new 16-month investigation by murder squad detectives. The findings contradict the conclusions of Westminster coroner Dr Fiona Wilcox who ruled last year that Mr Williams was probably “unlawfully killed”.

She concluded that the spy could have been killed by a secret service colleague and pointed to a significant lack of hand or fingerprints around the bath where Mr Williams was found.

Two experts, working for the coroner, tried 400 times to lock themselves into the North Face bag and one claimed even Harry Houdini “would have struggled” to squeeze himself inside.
    was he related to Doctor 'blunt penknife' Kelly?

'The British Police are the best in the world'?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    MI6 Spy in a bag Gareth Williams 'probably locked himself inside it' - London - News - London Evening Standard

Was the padlock on the inside?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I saw this bit on the Beeb site earlier:

Last year, a coroner said it was likely Mr Williams, 31, from Anglesey, had been unlawfully killed in August 2010.

But the Metropolitan Police said an evidence review had found "it was more probable" no other person was present when he died in his London flat.
      Given the Met's record, I think we can safely say we know who locked him in the bag .

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

Given the Met's record, I think we can safely say we know who locked him in the bag .
        Either that or they've never heard of Ockham's razor.

Comment

If its a mystery why haven't they asked David Blaine to reproduce the act (preferably to completion)
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

what someone he allegedly called a Pleb?

agree stinks to high heaven.
            He was locked in a holdall and despite the coroner investigating it they ruled it out as unlikely he could lock himself in. No Friends / lovers have mentioned it was his 'thing'. Sorry if you were in to that someone would have
            The house had fingerprints everywhere from many hands & years, the bath was surgically clean.
            He worked for the security services and had a secret obsession.
            the security services denied it vehemently.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

what someone he allegedly called a Pleb?

agree stinks to high heaven.
              He was locked in a holdall and despite the coroner investigating it they ruled it out as unlikely he could lock himself in. No Friends / lovers have mentioned it was his 'thing'. Sorry if you were in to that someone would have
              The house had fingerprints everywhere from many hands & years, the bath was surgically clean.
              He worked for the security services and had a secret obsession.
              the security services denied it vehemently.
              I think it was probably covered up in the interests of national security

Comment

My first question is WHY would someone lock themselves in a holdall? Answer: They wouldn't so lets continue on that premise.

Comment

You can add John Brown who just happened to book a room next to mossad
                  And Robin Cook I will tell you what Blair said
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I would suggest that if the padlock was on the outside, that constitutes sufficient evidence to go with the hypothesis that there was someone else involved, unless it can be demonstrated that the chappy in the bag was an exceptionally accomplished circus act.

Comment

Working...
                    X