• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One film..Desert Island Disc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One film..Desert Island Disc

Film and why?

The Deer Hunter - because how it shows the bond between friends and how a marginally justified conflict affected them. Coming from a military family I got a lot of that.

Excalibur for no other reason than it always lifts my mood no matter how many times I watch it
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Planes trains and automobliles as after watching it hundreds of times it still makes I larf. Even Neil Page's son's bowl haircut still has me in guffaws

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Blade Runner because it's so beautifully put together. I never get bored of it.

Don't start on the it's-nothing-like-the-book. I know, I've read it
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Take a book instead because you won't get any electricity on a deserted island.

Comment

The Dam Busters, full of British Spunk, you can see it all over the pilots faces.

Or is that Bangkok Chick Boys Lancaster Challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Take a book instead because you won't get any electricity on a deserted island.

We'll put you down for the Book of Eli then.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                We'll put you down for the Book of Eli then.
                Blu-ray with DTS-HD Master Audio

Comment

It would have to be the Life of Brian. Seen it so many times I pretty much know it off by heart, but it just keeps giving.

Plus, of course, when things on the island are bad, when they start to make you mad, when they make you swear and curse...

Comment

Castaway?
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X