• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Superhighway to heaven

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superhighway to heaven

Another death last night - 2 deaths in 2 days on "Superhighway 2".

5 cyclist deaths in 9 days on London's roads.

BBC News - Cyclist dies after Whitechapel Road bus collision

Haven't seen these 'superhighways' - it sounds like 'more effort required'

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Sounds more like physical separation of incompatible traffic streams required.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Sounds more like physical separation of incompatible traffic streams required.
      Or just both parties pay a bit more attention & stop acting like dicks who own the road
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
        Or just both parties pay a bit more attention & stop acting like dicks who own the road
        A system that relies on lots of fallible human beings to do the right thing 100% of the time is inherently broken.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

He added there were 69 pedestrian deaths last year but that pedestrians do not have as strong a voice in the media.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Fook that. Why would you use your bicycle in that city?

A cycle path not far from me below - why does London city not have them?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Fook that. Why would you use your bicycle in that city?

A cycle path not far from me below - why does London city not have them?

and woe betide any German or unknowing tourist pedestrian who happens to be stood on the red bricks whilst waiting to cross the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                +1
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Another death last night - 2 deaths in 2 days on "Superhighway 2".

5 cyclist deaths in 9 days on London's roads.

BBC News - Cyclist dies after Whitechapel Road bus collision

If lanes are definitely to be reserved for cyclists, it's pretty obvious how to keep out vehicles:

Embed small landmine-shaped gadgets along the lane edge in the road so that if anything heavier than a pedestrian or cyclist drives over it, then a spring loaded plate will subside leaving one or more metal spikes to protrude through its centre and puncture the tyre.

Then heavily fine any drivers stuck at the side of the road with a puncture caused by one of these caltrop contraptions
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    and woe betide any German or unknowing tourist pedestrian who happens to be stood on the red bricks whilst waiting to cross the road.
                    Red bricks?

Ja I do ring the bell at some tourists. Some of them nearly collapse with fright.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X