• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cyclists again...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyclists again...

Though I'm with the cyclist on this one.

I was in a long queue of traffic this morning. Cyclist comes down the inside and just as he's passing between myself and the kerb, white van man 3 vehicles in front does a sudden left hand down to block the cyclist's route.

Some verbals are exchanged and cyclist mounts the pavement and continues on his way.

What a dick. The van driver I mean.

Originally posted by zoco View Post
    Though I'm with the cyclist on this one.

I was in a long queue of traffic this morning. Cyclist comes down the inside and just as he's passing between myself and the kerb, white van man 3 vehicles in front does a sudden left hand down to block the cyclist's route.

Some verbals are exchanged and cyclist mounts the pavement and continues on his way.

What a dick. The van driver I mean.
    I am surprised you could see it from where you were.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
      does a sudden left hand down
      a what? he pulled closer to the kerb?

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
        a what? he pulled closer to the kerb?
        Yes

Comment

He was probably trying to leave room for a motorbike to overtake on the correct side.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
            He was probably trying to leave room for a motorbike to overtake on the correct side.
            A big assumption.

5 in 9 days now in London, all seem to be from Aldgate out to Bow roundabout again

Comment

Originally posted by Boney M View Post
              A big assumption.

5 in 9 days now in London, all seem to be from Aldgate out to Bow roundabout again
              Yeah, much as I think too many cyclists are the authors of their own problems, this really is far too many. Bad driving (on both sides) is at the heart of it but clearly something in the road system is making matters worse.

Then again I had to do a crash stop today - coming straight at me in my lane was a lycra lout overtaking a line of cars waiting for the lights to clear. Wouldn't have been a problem except (a) I had nowhere to go to leave him room and (b) he hadn't noticed the black Volvo estate coming straight at him (and, being a Volvo, with his headlights on). Yesterday I nearly creamed an unlit cyclist, in black, no reflectives, no protective gear and with his hood up freewheeling hands-off down a main road in Bristol. Both would no doubt have been my fault...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Yeah, much as I think too many cyclists are the authors of their own problems, this really is far too many. Bad driving (on both sides) is at the heart of it but clearly something in the road system is making matters worse.

Then again I had to do a crash stop today - coming straight at me in my lane was a lycra lout overtaking a line of cars waiting for the lights to clear. Wouldn't have been a problem except (a) I had nowhere to go to leave him room and (b) he hadn't noticed the black Volvo estate coming straight at him (and, being a Volvo, with his headlights on). Yesterday I nearly creamed an unlit cyclist, in black, no reflectives, no protective gear and with his hood up freewheeling hands-off down a main road in Bristol. Both would no doubt have been my fault...
                Something clearly not right when the majority have been all down the one 2 mile stretch of road though

Comment

Working...
                X