• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices set to soar 24 per cent in five years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House prices set to soar 24 per cent in five years

Seems like quite a sensationalist claim but there are a few interesting points made:

House prices set to increase 24% in five years | News | Mortgage Strategy

If that's the case , my net worth will increase by north of £350K in the next 5 years.
    Just sitting at home.
    Not worth working really.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      If that's the case , my net worth will increase by north of £350K in the next 5 years.
      Just sitting at home.
      Not worth working really.
      Alternatively property prices will crash, and your house will become worth the same as your post count: £28,905

Comment

From my rough calculation that would imply an annual increase of about 4.6% given the effects of compounding.

With inflation running at 2.2% per year that's a real-terms increase of 2.4% PA.

So would actually give a real-terms increase of about 12% over the 5 years.

Whooopy-do.

( Here's my maths .... I'm sure someone can correct it )

Starting Price Interest Rate
        £1,000 4.60%

Year 1 £1,046
        Year 2 £1,094
        Year 3 £1,144
        Year 4 £1,197
        Year 5 £1,252

Comment

Meanwhile London prices will increase by 60%.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
            Seems like quite a sensationalist claim but there are a few interesting points made:

House prices set to increase 24% in five years | News | Mortgage Strategy
            Hmmm, Mortgage Strategy magazine. No vested interests there then
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Predictions are hard to make, especially about the future!
              "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
              Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

What my house is worth is irrelevant to me as long as the downsize equation;

Large old house = Nice flat + foreign bolthole + quids in the bank

remains true.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  If that's the case , my net worth will increase by north of £350K in the next 5 years. Just sitting at home. Not worth working really.
                  Your houses net worth will be much higher if you are not sitting in it

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Your houses net worth will be much higher if you are not sitting in it

Sorry I'm thinking of the children.....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X