• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Workers of the west retire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workers of the west retire

from the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5256584.stm

Debates whether off shoring will sound the death knell for workers in the West.

My advice: Dont be in debt when the economy collapses.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Not all doom and gloom

Well if you look at it this way, if all manufacturing is shipped to the East, and we all lose our livelihoods, there is going to be no economy left to buy those micky-mouse caps and tamagochi keyrings,... so there will be no demand so all the factories in the east will have to make there staff redundant.

So if you look on the bright side, they will be fcked too:-)
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

What about the eastern worker's personal wealth improving, so internally they buy those products and thus improve the movement of money within their country?

I don't know. Perhaps the global market is so dynamic that it doesn't stand still enough for long term trends to be observed.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
        "The prophets of doom are predicting that huge reserve armies of cheap labour in the developing world will prove Marx right in the 21st Century, squeezing Western jobs and wages and unleashing new forms of class struggle."

See? It is a Commie plot after all!
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
          from the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5256584.stm

Debates whether off shoring will sound the death knell for workers in the West.

My advice: Dont be in debt when the economy collapses.
          At last the BBC are getting it right

As jobs in both manufacturing and services move east at an alarming rate, the West could be doomed to mass redundancy.

Comment

Working...
          X