• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I'm even fatter today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I'm even fatter today

Spent last night at the opening of Paul A Young's new chocolate shop, was forced to eat very nice chocolates whilst Mr. Young's lackeys poured me champagne to clear my palette. Has a nice chat with the chief henchman who explained how the relative diffusion rates of different esters gave a layered taste and how they'd been working out how to get the crispness right using the Diamond Light Source.

It may not shock you to learn that the choccies are reassuringly expensive...
    Paul A Young Fine Chocolates
    My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Just around the corner from work. I would check it out, but I am banned from eating chocolate as well
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I ditched the diet and went back to kebabs, curries, Chinese and booze as well as bags of chocolate and biscuits. Haven't seen a weight increase yet.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        I ditched the diet and went back to kebabs, curries, Chinese and booze as well as bags of chocolate and biscuits. Haven't seen a weight increase yet.
        Is that because you can't see the scales over your belly?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Is that because you can't see the scales over your belly?
          I stopped using scales years ago
          Me, me, me...

Comment

So you stuffed your face and got pissed for free? Winner
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Mmmm, sounds nice, I like chocolate and was here last year: Fassbender & Rausch Chocolatiers am Gendarmenmarkt Berlin. Herzlich willkommen im größten Schokoladenhaus der Welt

(Menu: http://www.fassbender-rausch.de/down...urant-2012.pdf)
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Only here can you admire the Brandenburg Gate,
                the Titanic and the Berlin Reichstag as giant works of chocolate art.
                Nice.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Just around the corner from work. I would check it out, but I am banned from eating chocolate as well
                  Couple of hours drive and I can hit the chocolatiers in Brugge
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
                    Spent last night at the opening of Paul A Young's new chocolate shop, was forced to eat very nice chocolates whilst Mr. Young's lackeys poured me champagne to clear my palette. Has a nice chat with the chief henchman who explained how the relative diffusion rates of different esters gave a layered taste and how they'd been working out how to get the crispness right using the Diamond Light Source.

It may not shock you to learn that the choccies are reassuringly expensive...
                    Paul A Young Fine Chocolates
                    Oh my. It's just as well my new contract isn't in London - those are contractor choccies!
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X