• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So the missus wants to get a Cayenne...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the missus wants to get a Cayenne...

... When I asked why she says "because we can afford it". What she means is I can afford it. I reckon it's because her friend has gone and got one.
    So I had to explain that driving one of those is tantamount to saying you're a chavvy footballer's wife with no taste whatsoever and if you want to do that you might as well as get an Escalade or one of those ridiculous crappy Range Rovers. FFS.
    I think I got away with it.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Strange now that expensive luxury cars give off a chav vibe. I will be buying a new/nearly new car next year so wondering which to go for. Price range 30-40k.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      ... When I asked why she says "because we can afford it". What she means is I can afford it. I reckon it's because her friend has gone and got one.
      So I had to explain that driving one of those is tantamount to saying you're a chavvy footballer's wife with no taste whatsoever and if you want to do that you might as well as get an Escalade or one of those ridiculous crappy Range Rovers. FFS.
      WAGtastic.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

She'll be wanting knickers to go with her fur coat next.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
          She'll be wanting knickers to go with her fur coat next.

No need, I found them in the back of my car & have popped them back in the post.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

We've already guessed that she has no taste whatsoever, but you do make me laugh, SAS.

Comment

Give the poor cow a break. Married to you, she deserves something quality for a change.

Comment

Thinking about this issue more deeply, I see that I now have a licence to buy an expensive car.
                And I think the Maserati Ghibli is sufficiently, let's say "safe and family-friendly"
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

So a fairly ordinary looking 4 door saloon car with a very expensive badge, fair enough, if that lights your candle.

Not sure why any of us should give a flying **** about it, but if it pleases you then erm congratulations?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    So a fairly ordinary looking 4 door saloon car with a very expensive badge, fair enough, if that lights your candle.

Not sure why any of us should give a flying **** about it, but if it pleases you then erm congratulations?
                    Just making conversation, grumpy.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X