• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today

Plus side - Longest ride in almost 2 years with new Cycle Club today. 78 Miles.

Minus Side - Having the back wheel go out from under me on a corner and hitting the deck in front of said Cycle Club.

Plus Side - It was a slow corner and Bike is unharmed.

Minus Side - Hip now has a lump like grapefruit, elbow looks like it's been attacked by a cheese grater and wrist is extremely sore if I move it wrong.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Minus Side - Having the back wheel go out from under me on a corner and hitting the deck in front of said Cycle Club.

Minus Side - Hip now has a lump like grapefruit, elbow looks like it's been attacked by a cheese grater and wrist is extremely sore if I move it wrong.
    Plus Side - You've remembered that particularly fine bottle of whisky at home.

Comment

Sucks. Sorry to hear you are in pain. Tricky time of year for cycling, hence the turbo trainer.

Hope a few whiskeys helps, and you don't hurt too bad in the morning.

Xx

Suity
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Glad you are OK (ish). I had a slide last year on a wet roundabout. Still got the scars but like you, the bike was ok!
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Ow

Still, you'll heal and the bike's fine!

Comment

Commiserations. But consider that your heart and lungs engine room is in superb shape in spite of your surface injuries.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

You lost your licence or something?

Comment

Working...
              X