• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Living in France working through a UK Ltd Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living in France working through a UK Ltd Company

The missus and I have decided we want to look at moving to France. I work from home a fair bit and would like this to continue but I do have stints where I work at various clients.

We are just at the initial stages of looking into this and would be interested in any advice or views. We are visiting a few places in France which are commutable to the UK/Isle of Man, but if we like what we see then we plan to rent in France and keep our home in the UK.

If I do have to travel to work in the UK then I expect to keep this down to 3 months a year.

Has anyone done anything similar to this?

How did they find moving to France, the life, the services, the people etc?

I've read a fair few posts going back a few years on contractoruk, but anyone have any links or views about working in France and the best options. I will be seeking advice about tax etc from my accountant but if anyone has done this already please let me know what you have learned.

Working...
X