• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hands Free not enough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hands Free not enough

BBC News - Road charity Brake in call to ban car hands-free phones

WTF? What's next banning the radio?

They should ban noisy children, make up and Pringles.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I heard this on the radio whilst driving in this morning. It distracted me so much I nearly dropped my Pringles.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Don't like gay marriage? Do not be in a gay marriage
        Don't like smoking? Do not smoke
        Don't like drinking? Do not drink
        etc etc

Do not like your freedom being taken away? Then leave mine alone

Comment

Road charity makes outrageous statement to get publicity

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Don't like gay marriage? Do not be in a gay marriage
            Don't like smoking? Do not smoke
            Don't like drinking? Do not drink
            etc etc

Do not like your freedom being taken away? Then leave mine alone
            What on earth does this have to do with the story? I don't like being driven into by people who aren't paying attention, are you saying I should stay off the road?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
              Those mortgages won't pay for themselves you know! The parasite needs a bigger host to feed upon.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                What on earth does this have to do with the story? I don't like being driven into by people who aren't paying attention, are you saying I should stay off the road?
                Nope what I am saying is stop telling me how to live my life...

Firstly phones were banned.. okay can understand that you cannot have 2 hands on the wheel/controlling the vehicle if you have a phone pressed against your ear. You could argue the same about not changing the radio channel etc - but that is a momentary thing as opposed to a long time thing.

So we now have hands free kits - but oh no apparently that is now dangerous? so people are trying to ban it.

Trust me the most dangerous type of driving is when you have two screaming kids in the back driving you nuts..

so whats next ban all children in cars? ensure we have soundproof glass in the cars so the driver is never distracted.

or how about everyone just shut the fook up
                ??

clear???

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Nope what I am saying is stop telling me how to live my life...
                  They don't really care if you want to kill yourself, they care that the kind of accidents caused very likely involve people outside your vehicle.

Having an in-depth conversation DOES distract you from the road, whether with someone inside the car or on the phone. That's why driving while distracted is already illegal.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    They don't really care if you want to kill yourself, they care that the kind of accidents caused very likely involve people outside your vehicle.

Having an in-depth conversation DOES distract you from the road, whether with someone inside the car or on the phone. That's why driving while distracted is already illegal.
                    So why do we need more laws if this is already illegal?
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X