• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

scrum.org page browser killer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scrum.org page browser killer

What idiot decided it was ok to list out 1000s of names on a single page without pagination or search so as to kill your browser so dead you can't even scroll down the list.

https://www.scrum.org/Assessments/Ce...ntName=PSM%20I

WTF is this an example of good scrum practice - the resulting product quality of this page is so bad they should have not bothered at all - doesn't give scrum a good name at all, I pity the individuals who are listed on that page.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Wouldn't take much to DoS the site if the DB lookup is that big then. Worse than when MSNBot goes rampant on the TPD threads

Comment

okay just opened the page, copy & pasted into text edit. When does the killing start?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Oooooo.

A rampant bot in TPD.

I wonder what it makes of all the nonsense.

I thought that is what we call Zeity?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

it took 10 mins to get the feedback form on that page to display and submit

After submitting polite feedback they were kind enough to respond....

Hello xyz,

Thank you for your interest in Scrum.org and for your message. We are always looking to improve the quality of our website for our users and we thank you for your feedback regarding the PSM I list of certificate holders on our website; it is much appreciated.

In fact, better organization/pagination and search-ability for our lists of Certificate Holders is something that is on our Product Backlog and will be worked toward in the future. Once this is ultimately implemented, this should help to alleviate downloading time and page hanging and make the experience faster and easier to navigate through and to find someone. Thank you again for your great input and enjoy your day!

Sincerely,
          No doubt when the feature was first developed their database probably only had 2 or 3 names in it!
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

You'll probably be blacklisted by every zen ninja scrum master now

The horror, the horror
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
            X