• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hey MF

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey MF

Or anybody else with something to add.

Need to head for the west coast US in January to meet up with ex ClientCo for talk on a new startup biz. What are the chances of being stuck in an airport or hotel cos of weather at that time of year?

Only been to the east coast in winter and although very cold and loads of snow travel was unaffected.
    Me, me, me...

I used to fly out LAX during winter and not a chance of snow!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      What are the chances of being stuck in an airport or hotel cos of weather at that time of year?
      to maximise your chances fly to east coast and change planes, to minimise your chances fly direct.
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
        I used to fly out LAX during winter and not a chance of snow!
        Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        to maximise your chances fly to east coast and change planes, to minimise your chances fly direct.
        Yeah was in Los Angeles in Feb and it was balmy compared to here.

Heading for Seattle not sure about direct flights but more worried about connections from Glasgow to London I suppose.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Yeah was in Los Angeles in Feb and it was balmy compared to here.

Heading for Seattle not sure about direct flights but more worried about connections from Glasgow to London I suppose.
          you'd have less trouble going to Amsterdam instead.
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
            you'd have less trouble going to Amsterdam instead.
            That's a thought...
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Or anybody else with something to add.

Need to head for the west coast US in January to meet up with ex ClientCo for talk on a new startup biz. What are the chances of being stuck in an airport or hotel cos of weather at that time of year?

Only been to the east coast in winter and although very cold and loads of snow travel was unaffected.
              No it'll be fine. Doesn't tend to snow on that coast. San Diego gets a little foggy as does San Fran so thats the only chance of a cancellation, LA, SJ airports etc will be fine.

When are you going?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                No it'll be fine. Doesn't tend to snow on that coast. San Diego gets a little foggy as does San Fran so thats the only chance of a cancellation, LA, SJ airports etc will be fine.

When are you going?
                Mid January but to be confirmed. Will be travelling from Seattle to Orcas Island and also Vancouver Island during my stay there so no idea what the ferries will be like although it looks like I can get a flight from Seattle to Friday Harbour on Orcas again depending on the weather.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Mid January but to be confirmed. Will be travelling from Seattle to Orcas Island and also Vancouver Island during my stay there so no idea what the ferries will be like although it looks like I can get a flight from Seattle to Friday Harbour on Orcas again depending on the weather.
                  I thought you weren't allowed back after your last trip when you attempted to free willy.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I thought you weren't allowed back after your last trip when you attempted to free willy.
                    Dual nationality so two passport, hah!
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X