• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germany beats Britain – again (really?)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germany beats Britain – again (really?)

Not too sure this is correct: From beer to Beethoven via Bayern Munich: Germany beats Britain

I'm pretty sure there's some fallacies in there, if not then I'm surprised

Here's the quiz:

Quiz: How well do you know Germany?

1. What, in Germany, is 'schlager'?

A: a shot of lager; B: a make of hockey stick; C: a strand of pop music; D: a word for cool

2. How many three-Michelin-starred restaurants do these countries have?

A. Germany; B. Britain; C. Japan; D. US

4, 10, 12, 32

3. Order these countries according to the number of universities they have in the world top 200:

A. Germany; B. Britain; C. US; D. Italy

0, 10, 31, 77

4. Berlin's contribution to world cuisine is the currywurst. Berliners consume about 70 million a year. It was invented by German housewife Herta Heuwer in 1949, who swapped bottles of beer with soldiers for what key ingredient?

A: American ketchup; B: English curry powder; C: French bread; D: Danish butter

5. Match these countries to the number of football players they have playing in the world's best leagues:

A: Germany; B: France; C: Britain; D: Italy

2, 19, 24, 71

6. A recent study claimed to discover why the German industry outperforms ours. Which of these claims did they not make?

A: The average German starts work 30 minutes earlier than we do; B: The average German snoozes for five minutes less than we do; C: Germans drink less wine; D: Bagging sun loungers has made them more competitive

Answers

1. C

2. A-10; B-4; C-32; D-12

3. C-77; B-31; A-10; D-0

4. B

5. A-24; B-71; C-2; D- 19

6. D
    I don't understand question 5 at all...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Who dreamt up the photoelectric effect?

Who dreamt up the general theory of relativity?

Who originated quantum theory?

Does not bode well for the top 200 universities when the foundation of modern science was built without them.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Yeah, a German would never have thought of that!!!

Comment

Who dreamt up the photoelectric effect?

Who originated quantum theory?

Does not bode well for the top 200 universities when the foundation of modern science was built without them.
        A Jew who fled Germany, you absolute moron.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          A Jew who fled Germany, you absolute moron.
          I'm a Scot who fled the UK, your point?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
            Yeah, a German would never have thought of that!!!

apparently

Comment

ha!

"One important element has surely been forgotten: The virtual absence in Germany of political crackpots like Farage, Wilders, Le Pen, Berlusconi, Palin et all."

Comment

ha!

"One important element has surely been forgotten: The virtual absence in Germany of political crackpots like Farage, Wilders, Le Pen, Berlusconi, Palin et all."
                Hitler?
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  Hitler?
                  I think he might be dead whereas those mentioned aren't, yet!
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

ha!

just had to be done

Comment

Working...
                    X