• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Programmer Anarchy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programmer Anarchy

Job posting came through with something called 'Programmer Anarchy' in the specs which states that:

The office operates under 'Programmer Anarchy' which is an extreme extension of Agile implemented by one of the initial founders of Agile. This methodology allows their current technology driven developers to take complete ownership over their code and the full SDLC which is a truly unique concept.
    I personally have never heard of this and had a quick look at what it is and apparently some of the diktat's are:

• There are no PMs, Iteration Managers, BAs, QAs / testers or “managers of programmers” – all the normal rules of managing software development in a professional environment are gone. This is on the basis that formality and rules are constraining to creativity and productivity
    • It runs on the concept that with no managers to give power to their programmers to go ahead and develop (managers “empowering” their teams), programmers go ahead and take total responsibility for the success of each project in a form of self-organised “anarchy”
    I like the first one but then again practically everything I read about it is what a number of people I know have been doing for years. Where do these people come from who come up with these ideas, numpty-land? FFS, IT is a piece of piss yet people insist on making it so complex by putting all this tulip in and then writing a framework around it and some ****wit middle manager takes it onboard and you end up doing twice the work. If I ever meet once of these 'academic' IT professionals I'm going to cut his nutsack off (its never women, in fact women are sensible, look at Grace Hopper) and ram it up his nostrils while stuffing reams PL/X coding up his arse.

(Actually a team at Credit Suisse used this for a project but there were BA's and PM's so basically they didn't, so its a bunch of bollocks. God, I hate all these frameworks and tulip, glad I don't have to deal with them, ******* useless bunch of tulipshaggingdaffodils))
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

We have a version of that here called simply Anarchy
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

So does this approach mean you get to do things in half the time?

Are you sure you're really cut out to be a contractor?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Let me get his straight, a room full of autistic developer types let loose on the business, should have a better outcome than in a properly managed environment?

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          So does this approach mean you get to do things in half the time?

Are you sure you're really cut out to be a contractor?
          **** knows, probably not as there's always going to be someone who wants to be the manager and thwap, like a potato up the exhaust pipe, you're ****ed

I have consultant down on my executive CV :-)

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Let me get his straight, a room full of autistic developer types let loose on the business, should have a better outcome than in a properly managed environment?

Show me a properly managed environment (where I don't happen to be) where everything goes to plan and I'll eat the fluff out of your bellybutton...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

We have a version of that here called simply Anarchy
            Nope thats our design methodology. It seems that some consultants are better than others at covering their backside. Big PM is going to scream when he hears the latest issue.....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              **** knows, probably not as there's always going to be someone who wants to be the manager and thwap, like a potato up the exhaust pipe, you're ****ed

I have consultant down on my executive CV :-)

Show me a properly managed environment (where I don't happen to be) where everything goes to plan and I'll eat the fluff out of your bellybutton...
              Nokia Siemens Networks. Fantastic company, good competent process oriented people. Working with a complex on shore/offshore model. Granted the programme manager was a bit shouty (being an ex army type) but he ran a tight ship.

Now would sir care for garlic mayo or chilli sauce?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Nope thats our design methodology. It seems that some consultants are better than others at covering their backside. Big PM is going to scream when he hears the latest issue.....
                Did Smac do it?

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Comment

Nokia Siemens Networks. Fantastic company, good competent process oriented people. Working with a complex on shore/offshore model. Granted the programme manager was a bit shouty (being an ex army type) but he ran a tight ship.

I think you've scored there Suity. Will the bellybutton licking take place before or after your night with MS?

Should we warn the Luton Travelodge of what is to come?

Comment

Working...
                    X