• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 8.1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 8.1

OK, disregarding the microsoft account BS that I knew about (thanks to Sysman), I have a couple of questions:

Why is everything orange? My eyes hurt.

Why do I have to pay for media centre? Ok, it's only £6.99 but really? Just so I can watch my own recordings made on another windows PC?

Bloody M$ crap...
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

It's tulipe end of.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      It's tulipe end of.
      Well, it's basically the same. A few things are annoying but I'll get used to them I expect.

Bit annoyed to discover that MSAP only comes with one Visio 2013 license though...
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

btw. is there an easy way to recover win 8 licence?
        I kept it in my email and deleted by mistake.
        It was purchased via M$ own store.

Comment

Windows 8 is genius, you all just don't get it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Windows 8 is genius, you all just don't get it yet.
            I'm quite liking it actually. One note 2013 used with the digitiser pen thing is quite close to what I've been waiting for, not quite as fluent as I'd like though that might be my lack of practice.

I'm glad I still have a keyboard though.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Why do I have to pay for media centre? Ok, it's only £6.99 but really? Just so I can watch my own recordings made on another windows PC? Bloody M$ crap...
              Hehe, there is actually a very good reason for it - Microsoft had to pay a few bucks in licensing fees to codecs, so somebody there had bright idea - we can just pocket the money on hundreds of millions of installs and SELL those codes at price higher than we license them for.

End result - default Windows as an OS suddenly is not as full featured as one would expect.

Comment

It's tulipe end of.
                It's good. I base this on my experience of actually using it, unlike yours that is based on you being a tit.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  It's good. I base this on my experience of actually using it, unlike yours that is based on you being a tit.
                  I've been using it since it was released both in a VM and on an actual machine I just bought.

Another fckwit opens his mouth.

Got a Gates face tattoo on yer arse or do you just want to sook his dick?

Some of us can actually evaluate whether a piece of software is good or crap.

Me, me, me...

Comment

I've been using it since it was released both in a VM and on an actual machine I just bought.

Another fckwit opens his mouth.

Got a Gates face tattoo on yer arse or do you just want to sook his dick?

Some of us can actually evaluate whether a piece of software is good or crap.

Stop making stuff up, you spend most of your time in PC World getting advice from your peers.

I agree some of us can actually evaluate whether a software is good or crap, but not you. Well done for mentioning a VM, you almost sound like you know what your talking about. Try throwing in a few more technical terms so you don't sound so moronic. And don't lie, your mum bought you the machine for Xmas and gave it to your early cause she felt sorry for you because girls don't speak to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X