• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's started

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's started

This seasons man flu epidemic is on the way. I'm having a lemsip as we speak but I still have a sniffle and a sore throat.

While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    This seasons man flu epidemic is on the way. I'm having a lemsip as we speak but I still have a sniffle and a sore throat.

Am patiently waiting my turn. I tell the missus every year how I cheat death by a whisker when it strikes. I still get no sympathy

Comment

Lady flu has started too. I rang Lady Tester yesterday evening and she croaked that she'd lost her voice. I commiserated her and said I'll be home this evening to comfort her.

I might get some peace and quiet for once
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Had my sniffles for this year, and not expecting any more

unless I catch some new strain off Suity at the CUK drinks
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

A hardened constitution by sitting in freezing cold offices and walking around town in a t-shirt, plus splicing some of Zeity's lizard DNA into me, I'm immune to man-flu.

However, I'm a bit scaley in places.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

Me too! (the man-flu, that is)
            I drink tea with a thin slice of ginger in it. Natural antiseptic. And spices the tea.

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
              Me too! (the man-flu, that is)
              I drink tea with a thin slice of ginger in it. Natural antiseptic. And spices the tea.
              Urrghh. You big girl. Real men lie in bed and demand sympathy. And rum.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                X