• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Head in the sand <rant>

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head in the sand <rant>

Just had the bailiffs round.

Child #1 got 'on the spot' fine in 2011 for having a number plate on his bike that was too small.

Ignored the fine, ignored the court letters, result being we get a dawn knock from the bailiffs wanting to 'seize goods'. Boy in question has already gone to work.

The sixty quid fine is now £390. Given that he has no 'goods', either we (I) pay it or it goes back to court and they issue a warrant for his arrest. Needless to say I did the mug thing...

Livid.

should have let him get arrested...

only way the youth of today will learn

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      should have let him get arrested...

only way the youth of today will learn
      I know. Unfortunately that experience wouldn't be new to him, and he hasn't learnt.

Comment

Nuts I feel for you..

And have absolutley no useful advice!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Nuts I feel for you..

And have absolutley no useful advice!
          +1
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

If it could have resulted in a criminal conviction then you did the right thing. Having said that, an emergency loan of £390 should have some severe terms attached to it......

Comment

I blame the parents.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Check the bailiff fees are legal. they often add additional 'charges' on that aren't legal hoping people will be too scared to check and challenge them.

Comment

So what did she do?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Paid it off 50/50 with his father.

Not best pleased to say the least.
                    Ah, a fellow muggins. When I've finished with the time machine I'll lend it to her. She'll have to find her own condom though.

Comment

Working...
                    X