• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Watch a countdown to oblivion.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch a countdown to oblivion.

I can't believe someone makes... Life expectancy watch | I can't believe someone makes... | Made By Monkeys

Sic Transit Glorious Mondays.

Or sommat.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Followed by ding dong bell:

How do you ding a gong automatically? | General | An Engineer In Wonderland

HTF does that mechanism work then?
    Looks like a the large cyclinder on the lower left is steadily rotated clockwise (away from the vertical) by a motor, until at some point it suddenly falls back and causes the hammer to strike the bell.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      http://www.smithofderby.com/assets/D...ming+Sound.pdf

Just looks like a fecking big magnet & a plate to me.
      It would be a piece of piss to design an electromechanical bell ringer though. All you need is an offset weight which a motor turns via a ratchet on a central axis. When it reaches the top of its turn it drops down and moves the clapper via an elliptical shaped cam to strike the inside of the bell, and then the weight starts climbing again ready for the next strike, and so on.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
      X