• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

recommended "4th" emergency service?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recommended "4th" emergency service?

Just realised I cancelled the recovery service when i got rid of the car a while back.

Now back with 4 wheels and wondering which 4th emergency service people would recommend? (excluding coast guard and air ambulance)
    The AA
    42.11%
    RAC
    26.32%
    Greenflag
    5.26%
    Other (e.g "my name is threaded and i just buy another car when they fail")
    26.32%
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

The fashion police !

Comment

The AA is the best option.

You are covered not the car.
      If you put another address (e.g. mum and dad, brother etc.) as your home address you get home start cover for the basic price

i.e. it's not you 'home' address when it breaks down outside your house
      I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

I have used Britannia Rescue for the last 15 years and I've always found them to be very good and competitive.
        It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

The AA & RAC cover you, regardless of the car you are driving or even if you are a passenger in someone elses crappy car.

The other "cheaper" ones like Direct Line cover your car only, which is basically tulipe.

Comment

PS. My Britannia Rescue cover is with a named vehicle (any driver) and also whatever vehicle me or wifey drive.
            It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

The AA has almost twice as many vans so i am with them, i cant comment on their service though as i have never needed them.... oh god what have i just said

Or just buy a jap car and there will be no need.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I called them out a bit when I was running a banger. They are very good at diagnosing faults, which saves getting ripped of when the garage comes to repair it.

Plus they give you a time by which they will be out, usually within the hour.

£40 for a year! A garage will charge £50 just for towing you to the shop.

In the past I've had national breakdown (which is now green flag), and the service is patchy. This is because they use a network of local garages and don't have their own vans.

The RAC are IMHO not as good as the AA. Their relay type service is a complete joke.
                I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

As a long term TVR owner over several models, it comes as no surprise that TVR have partnered with the AA to provide a free period of recovery with these guys (TVR AA Recovery).
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                    The AA has almost twice as many vans so i am with them, i cant comment on their service though as i have never needed them.... oh god what have i just said

Or just buy a jap car and there will be no need.

Use the AA twice in the last 6 months and not had a problem with them. Quick responce to the inital call, call back from the chap who got assigned the job to confirm details etc. text updates on eta to get to me and havnt waited longer then 40 mins.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X