• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Missus..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Missus..

Love her to bits, but this is her:

Drove about 3 miles to work today, ok that's 3 miles EACH way, working day 8.00 till 16:00, no interest in The Ashes, just left her on settee with a cup of green tea (untouched, tho her third), a cup with a heaped spoon of Echter Deutscher Honig (Leeds German Market, half eaten) and a specially made by me Bird's Eye Chicken Burger with Mustard (currently in her left hand, dangling) - and she's asleep with her mouth wide open like a corpse.

This is me:

Drove 250 miles M3/M25/M40/M42/A42/M1(Chesterfield detour to avoid traffic, epic fail)/M1 again at Markham Vale/Meadowhall for tea cos of traffic/M1 again/M621/home - got to work 07:15, set off at 12:30, home 19:28, still up, watched both Corries, thinking about giving The Ashes another chance in 90 mins, got to take car to Bradford tmrw before 09:00am for service. Wide wake.

Cos I'm a bloody bloke.

So; two questions;

1. Shall I go to bed and watch The Ashes on iPad (her iPad, probably no battery) in hope?

and

2. Shall I leave the missus where she is?

I'd imagine working in a Northern brothel servicing truck drivers all day is probably a little knackering. Cut her some slack.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You assume that's all she's done, but everyone knows.......

NSFW!!

Comment

If she falls asleep like that and complains of being tired tell her to go to the doctor. Preferably a female one or young male one.

There are common health reasons why women feel more tired than men.

Oh and next time give her red meat not chicken.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I'd imagine working in a Northern brothel servicing truck drivers all day is probably a little knackering. Cut her some slack.
          A shadow of one's former self, but it's a start
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Love her to bits, but this is her:

This is me:

Drove 250 miles M3/M25/M40/M42/A42/M1(Chesterfield detour to avoid traffic, epic fail)/M1 again at Markham Vale/Meadowhall for tea cos of traffic/M1 again/M621/home - got to work 07:15, set off at 12:30, home 19:28, still up, watched both Corries, thinking about giving The Ashes another chance in 90 mins, got to take car to Bradford tmrw before 09:00am for service. Wide wake.
            ?
            Can I recommend the TomTom HD app for your smartphone? It's amazing for avoiding motorway snarl-ups, I'm on the road a lot and the annual cost for live traffic data (20-30quid) has paid for itself in saved time, evenings not wasted due to exhaustion. I don't work for 'em but it's perhaps the only app on the play store that I can get worked up about.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              A shadow of one's former self, but it's a start
              I'd imagine working the streets in this weather servicing glue sniffers all day is probably a little dispiriting. Cut him some slack.

Comment

Working...
              X