• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House or a flat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House or a flat

Hey dudes

What's more practical for a family with a toddler: a house or a flat and why. This is fairly central London we are talking about, so size-wise flats ate OK, while houses lack gardens and bedrooms but have the upstairs

Originally posted by mickey View Post
    Hey dudes

What's more practical for a family with a toddler: a house or a flat and why. This is fairly central London we are talking about, so size-wise flats ate OK, while houses lack gardens and bedrooms but have the upstairs
    A flat and why.

Comment

Anyone else a flat white?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone else a flat white?

espresso macchiato for me please

Sent from my Breville sandwich toaster using telekinesis

Comment

Come down, caffeine's on me. I am much interested to hear your opinion on advantages of flats compared to houses for young families.

Comment

Hey dudes

A flat will normally be on a Lease. ie You don't own it, managment will cost you a fortune.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

A house is better because you can leave the little one to run amok in the garden and be savaged by foxes.

A flat will usually have less stairs for them to fall down.

So it's swings and roundabouts really.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

A house is definitely a much better investment. Once you have four of them, you can trade them in for a hotel.

Comment

safe outdoor space is important. Shared if you will get on with the neighbours.

I have always preferred houses, no lease, no management fees, no management committee.

My only flat was a pain because no one wanted to pay anything to maintenance. I managed to sell it before the outside needed repainting saved me a few £K in a big block.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                    A house is definitely a much better investment. Once you have four of them, you can trade them in for a hotel.
                    Strictly speaking, for a further investment you can trade up to a hotel from four houses, but a good point nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                    X