• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panorama - Amazon: The truth behind the click

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panorama - Amazon: The truth behind the click

I'm glad they put that program on, I never would have guessed seasonal warehouse work for minimum wage was dull as tulipe.

Amazon was in the news a week ago with a guy stood on the shopfloor speaking to the reporter about making it a fun and exciting place to work? WTF? I just sat there watching him getting excited about how good a job in the warehouse was and wondering what on gods earth he was smoking. He actually believed what he was saying which was the worst bit.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Back in the day when I was recruitment consultant dealing with industrial temps the run up to Xmas was real busy but so many evening weekend shifts done to bring in extra dough places like this really made some people's Xmas

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Amazon was in the news a week ago with a guy stood on the shopfloor speaking to the reporter about making it a fun and exciting place to work? WTF? I just sat there watching him getting excited about how good a job in the warehouse was and wondering what on gods earth he was smoking. He actually believed what he was saying which was the worst bit.
        Well, the writing IS on the wall.....

Comment

Driving around in a forklift all day - what's not to love?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            Well, the writing IS on the wall.....

"Work sets you free"
            Wibble

Comment

I was shocked when they revealed that after the Christmas rush was over, only the best performing temps were invited to stay. Just how is the lazy and stupid worker meant to afford all the luxuries needed for modern life when employers can get away with that sort of thing?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I remember doing a 12 hour day Xmas season at Argos as one of the runners on under £3 an hour when I was 17, these folks have it easy!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I did a few early jobs before Uni as a storeman and to be honest it was good fun. Bit of running about not having to think too much being told what to do, just like Old Greg now.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

There was a similar undercover type expose about the Royal Mail, and the pickers were kicking parcels about, and breaking things deliberately.

Comment

Working...
                    X