• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blueprint for Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blueprint for Scotland

BBC News - Scottish independence: SNP launches referendum blueprint

Some of the headline pledges are...

Thirty hours of childcare per week in term time for all three and four-year-olds, as well as vulnerable two-year-olds. - Female vote - Check
    Trident nuclear weapons, currently based on the Clyde, removed within the first parliament. - Lefty vote - Check
    Housing benefit reforms, described be critics as the "bedroom tax" to be abolished in first year of an independent Scottish parliament. - Unemployed/Working Class vote - Check
    No rise in basic rate of tax. - Middle Class Vote - Check

Results - Independence!

If they can lower corp tax enough, I reckon it will attract the large corps to set up in Glasgow,Edinburgh. BOOMED!

I was hoping to avoid this nonsense on here.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post

If they can lower corp tax enough, I reckon it will attract the large corps to set up in Glasgow,Edinburgh. BOOMED!
      Except they wouldn't get into the EU if they did that, and seeing as Mr Salmond wants Scotland in the EU...
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I was hoping to avoid this nonsense on here.
        This is the start mate, the next 12 months will be one big debate on here.

Thinking I should start a constractorscotland.com forum just incase.

Comment

Thinking I should start a constractorscotland.com forum just incase.
          Is that a snake that works by the hour?

Comment

I heard they were giving out foreign press lanyards to the English reporters at the press conference.

It is brutally embarrassing the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Except they wouldn't get into the EU if they did that, and seeing as Mr Salmond wants Scotland in the EU...
              You have heard of Ireland, Holland and Luxembourg?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Is that a snake that works by the hour?
                Scottish speeling.

Comment

You have heard of Ireland, Holland and Luxembourg?
                  Yep, but they're already in; Scotland would have to negotiate entry, just as the EU are talking about clamping down on low tax regimes.

Comment

I know parts of Scotland are quite tough, but where exactly are they so hard that even the 2-year-olds are NOT vulnerable?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X