• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Work Screwups

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work Screwups

Work screwups (with tweets) · rhodri · Storify

Once sent out 10,000 "how to use our system" leaflets, which proudly had a screenshot saying "Logged in as: Testy Mc****nuts"
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

As an intern a mate was given a £50 note to get a Chairman of a bank some lunch, told to get himself something...he bought a shirt.
    How was that a screw up? Serves the f**ker right

Comment

Found Suity!

Sent an important work related email from my phone. Forgot I'd changed 'Sent from my iPhone' to 'Sent from My Little Pony'
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

someone at my work last summer made a man carry his wheelchair down a flight of stairs cos she didn't know there was a lift
        My kind of person, I'd totally hire the guy to herd my lazy devs.

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
          My kind of person, I'd totally hire the woman to herd my lazy devs.
          FTFY as you clearly didn't read all the sentence
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

a 6ft sign, in open access area, with instructions on how to connect to the wifi nerwork. a committee approved it.

Comment

I took a group of 18 5yo kids at a McDonalds birthday party behind the counter to make their own ice cream. There were injuries
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

My sister-in-law got the wrong visas for 6 directors of Warburgs investment bank and they spent the night in a Mexican jail.

I don't think this should be categorised as a "screwup"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  My sister-in-law got the wrong visas for 6 directors of Warburgs investment bank and they spent the night in a Mexican jail.

I don't think this should be categorised as a "screwup"
                  Did she get a promotion?

Comment

There's one there from famous libertarian Old Holborn "Britain's Vilest Troll - Daily Mail. Send your death threats to 07977 094971" :

I once hired a bank robber on day release from prison. To work in a bank.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X