• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain hysterical over immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain hysterical over immigration

According to EU commissioner link

Pull the other one. I'll bet they all, including Cameron, agreed beforehand on this.

It makes Cameron look like he has ruffled the EU's feathers and hence buys him some populist support - and all the while the EU knows Cameron's are weasel words, no more than that, and the whole rotten project can keep rolling along.

What was the real purpose of David Cameron's visit to India? | openDemocracy

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
      According to EU commissioner link

Pull the other one. I'll bet they all, including Cameron, agreed beforehand on this.

It makes Cameron look like he has ruffled the EU's feathers and hence buys him some populist support - and all the while the EU knows Cameron's are weasel words, no more than that, and the whole rotten project can keep rolling along.
      No doubt Cameron sometimes does this, like the time he visited the US a few months ago and a week later, right on cue, a State Department official or someone said that leaving the EU might damage the UK.

But it's hard to believe he's pulled that stunt here, as the average British person will take the statement at face value and be even more incensed by EU meddling. So Cameron would find it even harder to stage an EU referendum and get the result he wants.

I think it's just that EU officials are unbelievably crass, and/or so wrapped up in their collectivist project of "ever closer union" they find it practically impossible to imagine any other viewpoint, and in any case many would be quite happy if the UK did leave the EU.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

unfortunately that message is missed by most.

Look forward to the Islington set paying my benefits.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lots of articles on that site appear to be written by your usual left wing nut jobs. Not generalising or anything.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Immigration is a self-made problem - stop stealing from the productive to give free tulip to the unproductive, and any immigrants who actually turn up would be a welcome addition.

The immigration debate, like most, is so childish It's just wilful ignorance, at all costs, of the real issue.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
              Immigration is a self-made problem - stop stealing from the productive to give free tulip to the unproductive, and any immigrants who actually turn up would be a welcome addition.

The immigration debate, like most, is so childish It's just wilful ignorance, at all costs, of the real issue.
              Not welcome gupta just tolerated 'till we do some housekeeping
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty
                Looking forwards to the general election, when I plan to vote UKIP.

It's about space not race. I don't care what skin colour, race, religion, etc that immigrants are. Makes no difference. UK is full (& broke). Nuff said!

If you're an immigrant, God bless you, but please GO ELSEWHERE (ie: other than the UK)!
                Thanks but no. I'm an EU immigrant from a western European country where the social benefits are about three times as high as in the UK, but I plan to stay here forever and British citizen ship application has been filed with the Home Office.
                I bet you have no idea how many Brits work or live (pensioners in Spain for example) abroad in the EU using the exact same rules as EU immigrants coming to the UK

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty
                  Looking forwards to the general election, when I plan to vote UKIP.

It's about space not race. I don't care what skin colour, race, religion, etc that immigrants are. Makes no difference. UK is full (& broke). Nuff said!

If you're an immigrant, God bless you, but please GO ELSEWHERE (ie: other than the UK)!
                  Totally agree with you there, it's about space not race.

But voting UKIP? They won't win any seats. They will just take votes from Tories.

That will present Labour with many seats they wouldn't otherwise have won. Enough to prevent a Tory majority. Perhaps enough to allow Labour to form a government.

So if you think Cameron is bad on immigration, your alternative would welcome back the party that caused all these problems in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    I bet you have no idea how many Brits work or live (pensioners in Spain for example) abroad in the EU using the exact same rules as EU immigrants coming to the UK

Very few people have any idea how many, but I think it's quite a lot of people.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X