• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Norovirus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norovirus

Me, Mrs QH and 3 yr old had this; bloody hell it's nasty. Both ends for 6 hours. Couldn't eat anything in 24 hrs.

Sorry if you're having your tea.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Oh No ! poor guys.

I feel for you - have had it once ( and only once thank god ) myself.

Good news is, you should get over it within a couple of days.

Please make sure you get plenty to drink and so you don’t get dehydrated from the vomiting/diarrhoea, take paracetamol if you get feverish or achy.

Drinking plenty of fluids is extra important for the youngsters.

Apparently healthy adult should drink about 1.2 litres (six to eight glasses) of fluid every day to stop getting dehydrated ( I should be in a permanent state of it then !), but if you have norovirus they say you need will need to drink more than that to replace the fluids lost from vomiting and diarrhoea.

Suitable drinks include water, squashes and fruit juice. Chances are you may find it hard to keep down fluids, try taking small sips more frequently to see if that helps.

Try to eat foods that are easy to digest, such as soup, rice, pasta and bread : this really helps.

Get better soon
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Thanks, feeling 10000% better today and had some soup so seeing if I can keep that down.

I can deal with normal gastroenteritis but this was something else.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
        I can deal with normal gastroenteritis but this was something else.

qh
        Damn straight ! Having had gastroenteritis I never quite understood the fuss over NV when it appeared it the press : well I understood it wouldn't be nice to have, but a killer ? surely not !

Now I take the threat of it really seriously.

Glad your getting back to "normal"
        If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

I had that; so couldn't face a pint on my birthday!...it's nasty.

Comment

Working...
          X