• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy Thanksgiving All

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Thanksgiving All

Remember today is the day we all spend with friends & family and give thanks for Pocahontas.

Who's celebrating?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Remember today is the day we all spend with friends & family and give thanks for Pocahontas.

Who's celebrating?
    Nope but I'm preparing for Black Friday.....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Nearly there; it's Grey Thursday today.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Seems rather insensitive to celebrate freeing the slaves just after a celebration marking the oppression and subjugation of the indigenous American peoples.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Seems rather insensitive to celebrate freeing the slaves just after a celebration marking the oppression and subjugation of the indigenous American peoples.
          Independence Day is even worse. They celebrate the killing of Brits on that day!!!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Independence Day is even worse. They celebrate the killing of Brits on that day!!!
            I thought it was about Will Smith defeating the alien invaders.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Happy National Day of Mourning!

Some ask us: Will you ever stop protesting? Some day we will stop protesting: We will stop protesting when the merchants of Plymouth are no longer making millions of dollars off the blood of our slaughtered ancestors. We will stop protesting when we can act as sovereign nations on our own land without the interference of the Bureau of Indian Affairs and what Sitting Bull called the "favorite ration chiefs". When corporations stop polluting our mother, the earth. When racism has been eradicated. When the oppression of Two-Spirited people is a thing of the past. We will stop protesting when homeless people have homes and no child goes to bed hungry. When police brutality no longer exists in communities of color. We will stop protesting when Leonard Peltier and Mumia Abu-Jamal and the Puerto Rican independentistas and all the political prisoners are free. Until then, the struggle will continue.
              National Day of Mourning (United States protest) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Tell them you aren't sure why they get so excited about us closing our tax offices. They normally laugh.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Who's celebrating?
                  American toss. Just an excuse to slope of work IUAM.

When we have something to celebrate we just raise a cup of tea to salute it and then get back to work.

Layabouts.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I celebrating Channukah

"Oils" - A Thanksgivukkah Miracle (Royals song parody) - YouTube
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                    X