• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom!

UK weather: Big freeze to return ahead of below average winter say Met Office forecasters | Metro News

It could be time to invest in a thicker pair of gloves, with three months of exceptionally cold weather on the way.

The Met Office has warned the big freeze will begin next week, with temperatures set to plummet to below the winter average.

Forecasters have predicted this could be one of the coldest winters in modern times, with above-average snowfall and bitter Arctic gales predicted.

They believe the below-average conditions could last for the next three months following a relatively mild spell in southern England.
    What they actually say is:

The Met Office!

The current outlook for December-January-February says the chance of the coldest scenario happening is between 20 and 25% and the chances that the period will fall into the warmest scenario is between 10 and 15%.

So while uncertainty is quite large, below average temperatures are more likely than above average (for note, average maximum temperatures for the UK in winter are about 6.6C and average minimum temps are about 0.9C).
    Is there any wonder people stop reading newspaper!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Metro is owned by the Wail's parent company and it's free. What did you expect, news?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Nah.

Cartoons.

I love "Pearls before swine".

Yesterday's penguin & polar bear strip was epic.
      I like the Rush Hour Crush. It's hilarious reading people's descriptions of themselves.

For example, today's had a "girl with fire for hair" and a "tall scruffy guy who offered to throw himself in front of the next bus". Do us a favour next time mate, and follow through with your threat

Comment

Yesterday's penguin & polar bear strip was epic.
        It must have been an epic journey for the two of them to meet up.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          I like the Rush Hour Crush. It's hilarious reading people's descriptions of themselves.

For example, today's had a "girl with fire for hair" and a "tall scruffy guy who offered to throw himself in front of the next bus". Do us a favour next time mate, and follow through with your threat
          "I was the semi-naked man in the bushes, you were the bikini-clad girl who obviously suffers from Tourettes. Coffee?"
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            It must have been an epic journey for the two of them to meet up.
            Not really, they are housed right next to each other

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Not really, they are housed right next to each other

I bet that snow leopard's pleased to be in the same enclosure as a deer.

Comment

According to the Daily Wail it's really time to panic.

Freezing weather to last until March: Britain to be stuck under cold front 'for the next three months' | Mail Online

Comment

The money grabbing energy companies will be pleased.

I hadn't realised previously that "Rollerball" was a documentary.
                  Plan B; holidays for penguins and polar bears in Freezing Britain. They could come and do pantomime.

Comment

Working...
                  X