• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Referendums

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Referendums

Referendums are happening in the wrong order. If the UK/England voted against the EU, then Scotland voted, independence would be much more likely. A majority of Scots are in favour of bein in the EU (ironic about the FUD coming from Spain, that Scotland would be out and England in, against the wishes of both peoples).

If the English drag us out, how can I keep my EU citizenship? It derives from citizenship of a member state, it is not acquired separately. But if I had to choose between being British or being European, I'd be European in a moment.

Please direct questions to Alex of the Scottish Numpty Party. He will be happy to avoid your question and say 'hey, look over there' before running away.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Have you no download the 676 page white book yet?

I'm on page 17...

The section of passports caused a 'moment' in our household when we realised the wife would be the only one not entitled to a Scottish passport.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Is it not 'referenda'?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Is it not 'referenda'?
          Yes, but these days it's become acceptable to just stick an "s" on the end.

Same as stadiums.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

I agree with the previous answera.

So from what I've read, to get a Scottish passport you need to have been born in Scotland, or live or have lived in Scotland for 10 years, or have a Scottish grandparent. I'm pretty sure one of my Grandmothers lived in Glasgow for at least 10 years, so that makes her a Scot, and therefore so am I.

But I don't get a vote, although English people living in Scotland will get a vote and then afterwards won't be able to be citizens.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
              Yes, but these days it's become acceptable to just stick an "s" on the end.

Same as stadiums.
              It was listening to people like you that made me fail Latin at school.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                It was not listening to people like you that made me fail Latin at school.
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

But I don't get a vote, although English people living in Scotland will get a vote and then afterwards won't be able to be citizens.
                  Thats because this is not an identify vote. It's a vote for residents that want economic self determination. Besides they can get a Scottish passport if they want to, they just have to give up their rUK one.

Say, anyone want to buy my passport? 10 months left. Give you a good price for it.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Thats because this is not an identify vote. It's a vote for residents that want economic self determination. Besides they can get a Scottish passport if they want to, they just have to give up their rUK one.

Say, anyone want to buy my passport? 10 months left. Give you a good price for it.
                    Perhaps a Scottish passport should be given to any UK citizen who wants one, but denied to any UK citizen prepared to pay money for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X