• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Linkedin and multiple CVs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linkedin and multiple CVs

Does anyone run multiple linkedin profiles? It's apparently against the ToS but I think it's going to start costing me money to not do it.

I have been judiciously redirecting my career for the past couple of years to get away from some stuff I disliked and focus on doing work I actually enjoy.

I am considering putting my current profile on private - it will still exist and I contact current contacts. But also create a new one with only the last two years of experience and completely presenting me as being focused on the new area.

Anyone done this? Are the ToS enforced? Anything I should be wary of?

Yep, one serious profile and one set up to nose around other profiles. Anyone gets Captain Binky as a viewer of their profile, 'twas me.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
      Yep, one serious profile and one set up to nose around other profiles. Anyone gets Captain Binky as a viewer of their profile, 'twas me.
      Exactly the same as me, except my other account is listed as a recruitment consultant. Use it to look up prospective people who are going to interview me and other people working there

Comment

Linkedin sockies, seriously?

Comment

What is this linkedin thing? Is it like facebook?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            What is this linkedin thing? Is it like facebook?
            where have you been for the last ... what 7... 8+ years??

LinkedIn is a social network for professional contacts and if you're not using it then I suggest you take a look.
            Sadly more and more people use it like Facebook these days, given by some of the profile photographs and other carp that people post updates about. LinkedIn haven't helped by adding a like button and twitter feed integration.

Comment

Working...
            X