• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cocktail Recipes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cocktail Recipes

I'm really into making cocktails at the moment. Not the syrupy concoctions you get at most bars or from "mixes", but properly balanced drinks you make from scratch.

I spent a couple of hundred quid on ingredients above and beyond what is normally in my drinks cabinet and I've been working my way through the International Bartender's Official List. I've been trying to make them as perfect as possible. Tonight I'm making Pisco Sours.

Does anyone have any favourite cocktail recipes they'd like to share?
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Some of my favourites: Manly Cocktails
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

My favourite is called the 'typical Wednesday night'.

Mix 8 pints of lager, 2 bottles of red wine, a bottle of champagne, half a bottle of scotch and 2 grams of coke in a bucket. Then chuck it in the back of a taxi, or for special occasions a police car.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        I'm really into making cocktails at the moment. Not the syrupy concoctions you get at most bars or from "mixes", but properly balanced drinks you make from scratch.

I spent a couple of hundred quid on ingredients above and beyond what is normally in my drinks cabinet and I've been working my way through the International Bartender's Official List. I've been trying to make them as perfect as possible. Tonight I'm making Pisco Sours.

Any cocktail that doesn't have sugar?
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Any cocktail that doesn't have sugar?
          Old fashioned, negroni, cosmopolitan, raultini, martini etc.

I hate sugar in cocktails, it should only be there to take away an edge rather than to sweeten.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I hate sugar in cocktails, it should only be there to take away an edge rather than to sweeten.
            Agreed. Hotel I stayed in earlier in the year had a cocktail bar which I had to indulge in but finally settled on Mojito's minus the sugar which for me was just fine despite having a hard time trying to convince the barman that I really did like it. Anything with fresh lime juice is a winner for me.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

An old fashioned should have sugar in it. Not a lot, either a cube or a tea spoonful but you need it.

Comment

Tonight I'm making Pisco Sours.

I'm not a big fan of drinks with raw egg in them but I do like Pisco. I recommend you try a Chicano

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  An old fashioned should have sugar in it. Not a lot, either a cube or a tea spoonful but you need it.
                  Actually you're right. I use sugar syrup or honey mixed with a little water. I'd never use raw sugar.

Comment

One large bottle of vodka and a small red tomato.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X