• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Negotiating the rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negotiating the rate

I'm on a reasonable rate, and a pimp tells me my team is looking for people at 15% above my rate. Should I renegotiate at a roll, what's the strategy?

Originally posted by mickey View Post
    I'm on a reasonable rate, and a pimp tells me my team is looking for people at 15% above my rate. Should I renegotiate at a roll, what's the strategy?
    Ask for 20/25 and let him negotiate you down.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Are you going to walk if he says no?

If not, he will see through you in a split second and say no (or more like
      he will tell you that he has asked the client and will get back to you as soon as he hears back and then at the last minute he will send you the contract with the same rate and blame the client).

If you then if you want X% tell him you want between X% and X+Y% and let him hammer you down to X%.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Information is power. Extension time go for it.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

What's this complicated strategy? It's a roll on an existing contract, and the pimp has speculatively called me to sell me my role. The OP stands

Comment

I'm on a reasonable rate, and a pimp tells me my team is looking for people at 15% above my rate.
            Does everyone have the same skill set and the same experience? Has the pimp managed to place someone at that rate with your level of experience and your role?

Should I renegotiate at a roll
            No idea what "renegotiate at a roll" means

Maybe discuss at a baguette instead.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

I prefer bagels

Comment

Working...
              X