• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New report into terrorist motivation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New report into terrorist motivation

There's a new report just been published (caught an interview on the news a couple of days ago) by a University prof/international terrorism expert and advisor to the US government. The findings have been reported in a briefing to the CIA. The chap is a Bush supporter, and states that he is reporting factual findings without political spin. - this is no 'leftie' organisation.

The report contradicts Tony et George's viewpoint that the Iraq War has nothing to do with the upswing in terrorism. Moreover it states US and UK foreign policy has been the prime recruiting sergent/motivating factor for a new generation of terrorists and that the policies are uniting otherwise fragmented and hostile (to each other) groups.

The world is not a safer place since Iraq, thanks for putting us all at danger Tony!

Thing is the report seems to have sunk faster than the Titanic!
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Moreover it states US and UK foreign policy has been the prime recruiting sergent/motivating factor for a new generation of terrorists and that the policies are uniting otherwise fragmented and hostile (to each other) groups.
    This seems obvious to almost anyone (with brains), people don't blow themselves up just like that. The question should there always be - is extra risk of such occasions worth taking for the sake of particular foreign policy being supported?

If UK/USA had cheap oil for 50 years from Iraq then it might have been argued that this would have put them into advantage in competitive world, but hey ho - last time I refuelled I paid 105 pence per liter of diesel!

Comment

mailman hands Bagpuss a french made spanish surrender tissue

Gee I dunno mate, as far as Im concerned Iraq is no justification for one detonating oneself on an airliner.

Also isnt it rather amusing that these guys are protesting about Iraq...but at the end of the day the vast majority of the violence over there is muslim on muslim. So it seems they are protesting muslim on muslim violence by violently detonating themselves!

Meh, I need an exploding smilie!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
        Gee I dunno mate, as far as Im concerned Iraq is no justification for one detonating oneself on an airliner.
        Russian terrorist #1 - Basaev (Beslan and other places) took first hostages in 1995 (?) after his 16 relatives (close and other) were killed in a carpet bombing on the village where they lived.

Comment

Even if the terrorism is due to the Iraq war, is that itself a reason for not doing it?

I liked the carefully-chosen words of Tariq Ali (no pro-Bush warmonger he) when he was asked if we should get out of Iraq after the London bombings: he said IF I had thought we should be in Iraq, I would still think we should be in Iraq.

If you give in to people who bomb our planes because we shoot their muslim brothers in the Middle East, soon we'll have people who bomb our planes because we dare to suggest that women may show their faces in public, or allow alcohol to be consumed in our part of Allah's Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
            If you give in to people who bomb our planes because we shoot their muslim brothers in the Middle East
            Its the question of cost - so far operation in Iraq cost $500 bln (mainly to the USA), there is no end in sight.

Imagine this amount of cash put into finding drugs against cancer, AIDS, hair loss, better security at airports? Its bloody $500 bln, this is enough to pay for 10 times more PhDs working 24/7 on cure for cancer - this is by far more important than democracy in a country where people don't give a fk about it.

Those people have justification for their actions because the West foolishly deployed forces there - take forces out and no justification will remain, but if they still insist on bombing (which some of them will), then bomb such countries supporting terrorist out of existance but don't occupy them - they will have a choice to either live there peacefull with electricity water etc, or have none of that.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
              Even if the terrorism is due to the Iraq war, is that itself a reason for not doing it?

I liked the carefully-chosen words of Tariq Ali (no pro-Bush warmonger he) when he was asked if we should get out of Iraq after the London bombings: he said IF I had thought we should be in Iraq, I would still think we should be in Iraq.

If you give in to people who bomb our planes because we shoot their muslim brothers in the Middle East, soon we'll have people who bomb our planes because we dare to suggest that women may show their faces in public, or allow alcohol to be consumed in our part of Allah's Earth.
              UK and US policy (e.g. pointless wars) has created these new radicals there is no doubt about it.
              Interesting that the (US government funded) report has disapeared!

Ps course the propaganda equates wanting to understanding the problem with condoning terrorism.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                Its the question of cost - so far operation in Iraq cost $500 bln (mainly to the USA), there is no end in sight.

Imagine this amount of cash put into finding drugs against cancer, AIDS, hair loss, better security at airports? Its bloody $500 bln, this is enough to pay for 10 times more PhDs working 24/7 on cure for cancer - this is by far more important than democracy in a country where people don't give a fk about it.

Those people have justification for their actions because the West foolishly deployed forces there - take forces out and no justification will remain, but if they still insist on bombing (which some of them will), then bomb such countries supporting terrorist out of existance but don't occupy them - they will have a choice to either live there peacefull with electricity water etc, or have none of that.
                The $500bln could have been spent on giving all the ugly birds in Britain a forced extreme makeover. They need it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  Russian terrorist #1 - Basaev (Beslan and other places) took first hostages in 1995 (?) after his 16 relatives (close and other) were killed in a carpet bombing on the village where they lived.
                  Gee for a second there I thought that terrorist was from Iraq. Guess you missed that bit

Face it, those 20 terrorists arrested yesterday have no connection with Iraq AND the death and mayhem they look at is being created by their so called brothers

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                    Gee for a second there I thought that terrorist was from Iraq. Guess you missed that bit

Face it, those 20 terrorists arrested yesterday have no connection with Iraq AND the death and mayhem they look at is being created by their so called brothers

Mailman
                    Not really sure what you find funny about it all, but I guess you come to expect that from moron's.

There's never an excuse for their actions, and our foreign policy shouldn't be dictated to by a minority of extremists. Yes Iraq is a factor in this sort of stuff happening (We weren't a target until we invaded with the US), and if we've any hope of ending this sort of bahavior we got to get to the root causes as to why a small section of the British population has brought suicide bombing to our doorstep. Might well be we have to accept it as a fact of life, but we've at least got to make the effort to discover ways of preventing more of these incidents.

I just hope they've got this one rights, the credibility of our security forces is seriously on the line and they've got a track record of messing things up so far.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X