• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benched in T minus 3 weeks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benched in T minus 3 weeks

coming up to 4 years of contracting, benched for the first time in 3 years. I don't expect to find a contract between now and the new year so it looks I'll be chilling on the bench for a few weeks.

keep that bench warm for me will you guys.

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    coming up to 4 years of contracting, benched for the first time in 3 years. I don't expect to find a contract between now and the new year so it looks I'll be chilling on the bench for a few weeks.

lucky sod, I could do with a few weeks off over the xmas holidays.

Comment

If you worry about being benched you don't have enough war chest. I look forward to bench time as should everyone! More Plan B time!

Comment

Do you mean that you don't expect to find a contract or that you are not looking for a contract before then?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Plenty of room with all the booms there've been lately

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            If you worry about being benched you don't have enough war chest. I look forward to bench time as should everyone! More Plan B time!
            Not worried, hence the

I turned down an interview for a role that was a bit far away, so obviously not desperate.....

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              lucky sod, I could do with a few weeks off over the xmas holidays.
              Why not speak to your boss
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Not worried, hence the

I turned down an interview for a role that was a bit far away, so obviously not desperate.....
                You're not benched unless you're looking for a gig and can't find one. Otherwise it's just a holiday

Comment

I am looking, but there is nothing worth going for at the moment and I doubt it will change until the new year. So I am technically benched, although I will be enjoying the time off....

Comment

Noobie, listen. Pimps are lining folks up for January starts. Get off your arse and hammer jobserve you fookin layabout.

I just bailed on a gig to start a new one 4 weeks this side of Christmas.

Come along, come along!
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X