• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A small piece of history, with a big impact on society

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A small piece of history, with a big impact on society

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Her wikipedia page makes for some grim reading.

Rosa Parks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The arrest wasn't even correct as she wasn't in the white part of the bus

Parks was charged with a violation of Chapter 6, Section 11 segregation law of the Montgomery City code,[24] although technically she had not taken a white-only seat; she had been in a colored section.[25] Edgar Nixon, president of the Montgomery chapter of the NAACP and leader of the Pullman Porters Union, and her friend Clifford Durr bailed Parks out of jail the next evening.[26]
    Last edited by northernladuk; 2 December 2013, 23:25.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Rosa Parks ‘was victim of superglue prank’ - Newsbiscuit
        I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Her wikipedia page makes for some grim reading.

Rosa Parks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

She was in the front row of colored seats. However the number of colored seats depended on the number of white people on the bus and would shrink as the white section increased once all the "white" rows had been filled... Hence 1 additional white person on the bus meant Rosa was now in the wrong section...

Supposedly she had been planning the protest for a while.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Interesting little document that shows how tyranny rests on the shoulders of petty little people with petty little minds and petty little jobs who just enforce petty little regulations without questioning the sense of what they're doing.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Watch the Horrible Histories song and you'll see that she was

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
                Watch the Horrible Histories song and you'll see that she was
                See my comment above. You are both technically right and also totally and utterly wrong....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  See my comment above. You are both technically right
                  What!!?!?!

and also totally and utterly wrong....
                  Phew, normal service is resumed!
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I remember seeing similar for real in South Africa many years ago where buses had whites only and blacks only sections, where the post office had separate entrances, etc. Disgusting...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X