• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ripper Street

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripper Street

Anyone else like this? One of the only things on TV worth watching.

Touches on some interesting historical facts, like tonight's involving Golden Dawn. Not the Greek far right party but an occult organisation associated, among others, with Alistair Crowley. Led me to the fascinating discovery that Benjamin Franklin was a Satanist!

Always summit worth looking into in that prog.

PS I mean allegedly a Satanist. That's the problem with Satanists, they might come back as evil demons and sue you for defamation.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 2 December 2013, 22:39.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Touches on some interesting historical facts, like tonight's involving Golden Dawn. Not the Greek far right party but an occult organisation associated, among others, with Alistair Crowley. Led me to the fascinating discovery that Benjamin Franklin was a Satanist!

PS I mean allegedly a Satanist. That's the problem with Satanists, they might come back as evil demons and roger you with a red hot poker for defaming them.
    ftfy

Comment

That sounds much more fun.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

That sounds much more fun.
        Oo err.

Comment

PS I mean allegedly a Satanist. That's the problem with Satanists, they might come back as evil demons and sue you for defamation.
          Saw the first series of Ripper Street, and made and then forgot a mental note to keep up with future series.

Another promising looking series in my vast "saved for later" Amazon list is Copper (2013-)

Shame there were no further series of City of Vice
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Another promising looking series in my vast "saved for later" Amazon list is Copper (2013-)
            IMO Don't bother - it's a direct rip off of Ripper Street (that's a lot of rips!)

V Disappointing. Also,cancellation was announced, 3 days before its second season finale aired so drops out
            If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Yet another friend tells me today I'm missing out by not watching Breaking Bad, all on NetFlix or something. I'm really not one for watching TV much other than docs and movies plus news.

Are these US TV series things really that good? Oh, and the Brit stuff as well? I remember watching an episode of Poirot and thought it was quite good although I've never read any Agatha Christie.

I honestly haven't watched a whole series of anything since the first run of the original Star Trek.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                Yet another friend tells me today I'm missing out by not watching Breaking Bad, all on NetFlix or something. I'm really not one for watching TV much other than docs and movies plus news.

Are these US TV series things really that good? Oh, and the Brit stuff as well? I remember watching an episode of Poirot and thought it was quite good although I've never read any Agatha Christie.

I honestly haven't watched a whole series of anything since the first run of the original Star Trek.
                Breaking Bad is very good. I just never find the time so after a few episodes I sort of stop watching and then never get back into it.

Maybe over Christmas, what with all the tulip on telly I'll find the time.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  If you watched that on the Beeb back in the 60s then indeed you haven't watched a whole series since there were 3 eps they refused to broadcast.
                  I'm missing three to complete the set?

Some Freesat channel is currently running them.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                  X