• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS/NatWest IT Down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBS/NatWest IT Down

So no RBS cards are working and the internet banking is not working, top story on newsnight

Wonder which Indian outsourcer has screwed up?

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    So no RBS cards are working and the internet banking is not working, top story on newsnight

Wonder which Indian outsourcer has screwed up?

Just seen that.
    Apparently they all sent tits up about 18:30ish. Glad I buggered off early and filled up the car before it started or I may have not been in the office tomorrow.

Comment

Another victory for outsourcing...

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        Another victory for outsourcing...
        I wonder what the official spin will be? Can guarantee it will have nothing to do with laying off all the technical experts and replacing them with wet-behind-the-ears people with a CV that can be written on a first class stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
          I wonder what the official spin will be? Can guarantee it will have nothing to do with laying off all the technical experts and replacing them with wet-behind-the-ears people with a CV that can be written on a first class stamp.
          the CV's will look good, they will just be full of lies. you see the corruption is so deep they do it all the time everywhere. bit like their caste on caste racism. and their intellectual property theft. oh and their disregard for data protection laws. oh and their tax avoidance.

great idea this outsourcing to India and Indian nationals here on uncapped ICT work visas.

Comment

the CV's will look good, they will just be full of lies. you see the corruption is so deep they do it all the time everywhere. bit like their caste on caste racism. and their intellectual property theft. oh and their disregard for data protection laws. oh and their tax avoidance.

great idea this outsourcing to India and Indian nationals here on uncapped ICT work visas.
            Good job I moved over to Santanders 123 account at the start of the year 3% on balances and a credit card on which I've earnt £500 cashback so far, RBS is pants...

Comment

The NatWest mobile app wasn't working, and the online banking site was unreachable - not even a server error, there was no server Apparently cards weren't working in shops, leading to huge crowds of dinnerless homeward bound commuters moping in supermarkets.

Seems to be OK within the last half hour. I've been able to pay my broadband bill, and check my balance. Now waiting to see if the expenses I paid over from the company account earlier on arrive as expected…

Comment

1st Galactic Bank is working very nicely, thankyou verymuch

Comment

Is there any proof it was an Indian IT outsourcing firm?

I seem to remember last time whilst there was a tight lid on calling blame outside of Natwest itself, somebody on the ground leaked the real story in the comments section of an online newspaper article.

Comment

Yawn... do you ever get tired of this lazy racism you expound at every opportunity no matter how tenuous?

Comment

Working...
                    X