• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Bitcoin Plundering

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Bitcoin Plundering

Around 96,000BC, worth ~£60million, nicked from the appositely named Sheep Marketplace: There's a £60m Bitcoin heist going down right now, and you can watch in real-time

The villains are now being pursued across the Internet by angry aficionados of alternative currencies

Follow the action at the SheepMarketplace reddit

So how does anyone know they didn't steal it themselves ?
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      So how does anyone know they didn't steal it themselves ?
      They quite possibly did. However it's also unclear who "they" are: people who set up international marketplaces for illegal drugs tend to keep their identities secret.

Comment

Amateurs.

Well, when you steal £ 600, you can just disappear. When you steal £ 60 million, they will find you, unless they think you're already dead.

Comment

I kind of got the gist of that, but it's a different world.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Around 96,000BC, worth ~£60million, nicked from the appositely named Sheep Marketplace: There's a £60m Bitcoin heist going down right now, and you can watch in real-time

The villains are now being pursued across the Internet by angry aficionados of alternative currencies

Follow the action at the SheepMarketplace reddit
            People bewailing the fact that they've lost money that they were going to use to pay off 'bad people' and the first replies they get are from the grammar and spelling nazis.

Post scam depression : SheepMarketplace
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Well, when you steal £ 600, you can just disappear. When you steal £ 60 million, they will find you, unless they think you're already dead.
              Now, put down the gun.
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                People bewailing the fact that they've lost money that they were going to use to pay off 'bad people' and the first replies they get are from the grammar and spelling nazis.

Post scam depression : SheepMarketplace
                I liked this exchange:

Originally posted by jdx216
                After trying everything under the sun, (ASIDE from government assistance, which is my next & only card to play,) to get back on my feet and ending up in the dumps, I opted back to hustling after being semi-successful in the past... After moving away and moving back, lost all my connects. Figured I'd give sheep a shot. Lost my last money and don't know what to do next, except, like I said, go for unemployment and the like...disability... Don't tell me 'get a job' cuz if you think I haven't been doing everything I can in that direction, you're a fool... With a disability, mental illness, criminal record, and no license, I'm never called back... I've gone back to construction work against doctors orders only to re-injure my back, so I couldn't even attempt workers comp...

If I didn't have a soon I'd be in a bridge ready to hop, lol, there's one in walking distance...
                Originally posted by desalinate
                dont get mad but perhaps soft sex stuff, handjobs or masturbating in front of people? nothing really gross but you seem like a whore kind of person that wants the finer things in life, should entertain it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                  I liked this exchange:
                  Certainly one way to protect the warchest during bench time
                  "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
                  Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Amateurs.

hehe!

Possibly the smartest solution was mentioned in one of the comments

Hey Mr./Mrs. Robber,

You'd probably be better off distributing the stolen Bitcoin's to a lot of people and include yourself (obviously using a completely separate, anonymous wallet) as part of the "donation". That way you'll just appear to be another Joe Shmoe unexpectedly receiving Bitcoin's from the alleged thief (yourself). You'll obviously end up with much less but that's probably your best bet of walking away wealthy and alive. ...
                    Mind you, presumably they'd have to include so many people, to dilute suspicion to an acceptable level, that they'd end up with only about ten grand.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X