• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hooray! Beckham to be dropped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooray! Beckham to be dropped

That McClaren isn't so stupid after all.

Originally posted by wendigo100
    That McClaren isn't so stupid after all.
    Oh yes he is! You heard it here first. He has not even managed a game yet and already he is being led by the media. An "Oh Dear" in the making and no mistake.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Beckham offers the best dead-ball/cross field pass skill in world football, he set up and scored the goals in the world cup. Great decision you idiot.

Comment

Although a good (not great) player once, Beckham is past his best. And he unbalances the team because his only skill is long ball passes. He can't tackle or dribble and has no pace anymore. As Mclaren rightly says he wants people who can go past players. We need to get back to the short passing game.
        So an eminently sensible decision. I suspect Venables will be the real brain of the outfit anyway.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

McClaren hasn't got a bloody clue.
          I'd go for this guy....

We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl
            Beckham offers the best dead-ball/cross field pass skill in world football
            Maybe. But his haircut and abundance of jewelry as well as tatoos make him a person whose presense should be anywhere but on the football field.

snaw.

Comment

oh dear:

Becks in sub snub

DAVID BECKHAM faces starting the season as a Real Madrid sub.

Becks, 31, reeling at being dumped by England chief Steve McClaren, now has a club fight on his hands.

New Real boss Fabio Capello wants to use the lightning pace of Brazilian Cicinho on the right.

Cicinho, 26, who started ahead of Beckham in the final game of Real’s American tour in Salt Lake City on Saturday, said: “Beckham is an excellent player. We all know that.

“But I’ll play where the coach puts me. It’s all the same to me, as everyone knows we’re all after a win.”

The former Sao Paulo ace usually operates as a right-back. Yet he replaced Becks in midfield in a string of Real games last season.

And Capello gave him the nod on the wing again in a 2-0 win over Salt Lake, as Beckham watched the first half from the dug-out before playing the second.

Ruud van Nistelrooy scored for the first time since his £10.3million move from Manchester United, bagging a penalty just before the break. Robinho hit the second.

Beckham will arrive back in Madrid today for his first taste of life in the international wilderness, after being axed for England’s Old Trafford date with Greece.

Van Nistelrooy, snubbed for Holland’s friendly with the Republic of Ireland, said of his Real career so far: “I’m happy with my goal and trying to do what the boss asks of me.”

Comment

I am not the greatest Beckham fan in the world, but to effectively throw a player with his experience onto the international scrapheap at 31 when there is no obvious replacement is a poor decision, and one which says more about McLaren's shortcomings than Beckham's IMHO.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Beckham has got wrong attitude and attitude overrides talent - do you think I should expect everyone to like or respect me just because I am very smart? No - I have got a bit of an attitude that is just not for everyone, same with Beckham: his time is over, he'd better start thinking of new kind of ridiculous haircut to attract attention to himself in order to maximise marketing opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    do you think I should expect everyone to like or respect me just because I am very smart?
                    In your shoes alexei, I would not pin your hopes too strongly on that contingency.

Football eh? Another subject you know feck all about yet witter on about regardless! Beckham has been at the top of the game for years now and whilst his best years are clearly behind him at 31, he still has a lot to offer by way of options. Writing him off the way McLaren seems to have done is an act of folly and just shows that he is more interested in strengthening his own position by attempting to appear "radical" than in pragmatically considering what is best for the team.

Comment

Working...
                    X