• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vino to accompany Xmas dinner?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vino to accompany Xmas dinner?

On the lookout for something tidy to wash down the sprouts.

Any recs on something that would compliment the traditional Christmas foodfest.

Usually go with a Barolo and Sancerre.

I like a light red with poultry so go for Tarrango by Browne Brothers.

It's very light and they recommend you chill it but I drink it at room temp like an normal red. Worth a try for under £10 at supermarket.

Comment

Thunderbird

Or Mad Dog 20/20
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Whichever decent Burgundy is on offer in the run up to Christmas. One Red, one white : for the few guests who only differentiate wine by the colour
        If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Lambrini, don't forget the straws.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            On the lookout for something tidy to wash down the sprouts.

Any recs on something that would compliment the traditional Christmas foodfest.

Usually go with a Barolo and Sancerre.
            Mulled wine, if you can stomach the cough mixture taste
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Grant Burge Filsell Old Vine Shiraz

Must get mine in soon!

Comment

For a white wine with turkey I'd go for something with a bit of complexity such as a Savennières. Not cheap though - BBR have Eric Morgat's offering at over £30 (I remember buying it from Adnam's for half that only about three years ago). Yapp have one for about £16, but I've not tried that so can't comment.

Comment

Lugana del Garda, I think Asda do it but very little is exported. Just spent last weekend drinking it whilst touring the Veneto.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I prefer a light red like a pinot noir. Normally go for a lightly chilled Burgundy... Also cabernet franc is fairly light - perhaps may go for a Bourgueil or something like that.

It has to be French and have a cork in it though. The in-laws are terrible wine snobs

Comment

Working...
                    X