• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nelson Mandela pops his clogs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nelson Mandela pops his clogs

<placeholder>

Nelson Mandela in fight from 'deathbed'

Prepare for at least a week-long grief fest from the BBC, who are utterly obsessed by the guy

Thank God I rarely bother watching terrestrial channels these days, or listening to the radio
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Again

Wasn't he pulling this trick just a few weeks ago? He's obviously not familiar with the tale of the boy who cried wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyWolf View Post
      Wasn't he pulling this trick just a few weeks ago? He's obviously not familiar with the tale of the boy who cried wolf.
      Freeeeeeeee Nelson Mandela!

Let the old man rest in peace and stop the medical intervention.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Freeeeeeeee Nelson Mandela!

Let the old man rest in peace and stop the medical intervention.
        Or rather let him decide for himself when to stop the intervention.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I gave up on the BBC years ago, only really watch Al Jazeera for news now

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
            I gave up on the BBC years ago, only really watch Al Jazeera for news now
            Terrorist!
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Gricer's prediction:

Somebody somewhere will post or tweet something offensive about NM and it will be all over the Daily Mail for days on end.

There is something of a stuck record quality to news these days.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                There is something of a stuck record quality to news these days.
                not only news, the same applies to the most premature and baseless speculation

As soon as anything happens, like that recent helicopter crash on the pub in Scotland, a talking head is waffling away at the scene on a ten minute loop and no one is really much the wiser.

Or so I'm told - On the rare occasions I watch the news at all, I change channels right after the hourly headlines. That's all one needs to know.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

What pisses me off more than anything is when BBC News (TV and Radio) starts talking about TV shows - who's won X-Factor, who's got their tits out in the jungle, what's happening on EastEnders.

Since when was the news an advertising or TV listings service?

Comment

Something to fill the gap between "50 years of Doctor Who!!!!!" and "Doctor Who Christmas Special !!!" ?

meh

Comment

Working...
                    X