• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone flying back from cloggers or NW Europe tomorrow/Friday?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone flying back from cloggers or NW Europe tomorrow/Friday?

Extreme weather warning for Hurricane Xaver. Expect to be sat on your arse at the airport for most of the day.

I'm waiting to hear weather the ice and snow is going to bloody turn up or not. Of course, I trust the Daily Star (or whatever rag it was that said it) implicitly, so I know it's coming. If it does, it had better be this weekend / Monday, and not later next week.

I've been asked to go back up to Edinburgh for a few days next week and don't want to end up stuck there (and missing pies and pints).

Comment

Flying out to Hamburg on Friday...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Flying out to Hamburg on Friday...
        Passagiere & Besucher - Hamburg Airport | Flughafen Hamburg
        Hurricane Xaver may restrict flight operations
        Delays and flight cancellations possible on Thursday and Friday

Hurricane-force gales are expected for northern Germany on Thursday, 5 December, 2013 and Friday, 6 December, 2013. This may have an impact on flight operations at Hamburg Airport.
        Passengers who have planned a flight to or from Hamburg are therefore requested to regularly check on the current weather situation. Passengers can obtain definite information about their flights directly from the relevant airlines. For questions about delays, cancellations, changes to bookings, etc., passengers should contact the hotlines of the relevant airlines directly. (Link: Airline Register - Hamburg Airport | Flughafen Hamburg).

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Extreme weather warning for Hurricane Xaver. Expect to be sat on your arse at the airport for most of the day.
          WTF????!!!!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Flying to Prague on Friday FFS

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Passagiere & Besucher - Hamburg Airport | Flughafen Hamburg
              Hurricane Xaver may restrict flight operations
              Delays and flight cancellations possible on Thursday and Friday

Hurricane-force gales are expected for northern Germany on Thursday, 5 December, 2013 and Friday, 6 December, 2013. This may have an impact on flight operations at Hamburg Airport.
              Passengers who have planned a flight to or from Hamburg are therefore requested to regularly check on the current weather situation. Passengers can obtain definite information about their flights directly from the relevant airlines. For questions about delays, cancellations, changes to bookings, etc., passengers should contact the hotlines of the relevant airlines directly. (Link: Airline Register - Hamburg Airport | Flughafen Hamburg).

Shirley just means the plane will get there quicker?

Looks like the worst of it is Thursday - I'm sure it will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Shirley just means the plane will get there quicker?

Looks like the worst of it is Thursday - I'm sure it will be fine
                Hope so

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  WTF????!!!!
                  Zware Sinterklaasstorm verwacht - Weeronline Nieuws

Storms tomorrow which will mean that Schipol will be inevitably closed.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Zware Sinterklaasstorm verwacht - Weeronline Nieuws

Storms tomorrow which will mean that Schipol will be inevitably closed.
                    Looks all Dutch to me.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X