• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Joy of Logic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Joy of Logic

Watched this the other night and now being repeated on BBC 4.
    Good programme and very interesting.
    A few on this forum could learn a few things.

Anyone read Principia Mathematica ?

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    Watched this the other night and now being repeated on BBC 4.
    Good programme and very interesting.
    A few on this forum could learn a few things.

Anyone read Principia Mathematica ?
    I've read bits of it - my degree is in Philosophy, and we had a course in Formal Logic in the first year, and one in Philosophical Logic in the second.

This, however, is my favourite story about Principia Mathematica: Bertrand Russell - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I've read bits of it - my degree is in Philosophy, and we had a course in Formal Logic in the first year, and one in Philosophical Logic in the second.
      Yeah, bits of it, I even bought the paperback edition.

My university library had the full 3-volume edition. Vol 1 had about 15 stamps in it. Vol 2 had 3. Vol 3 had none.

Comment

Working...
      X