• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cater Allen - Terminated account 60 days notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cater Allen - Terminated account 60 days notice

Has this happened to anyone else? I have been banking with Cater Allen for 5-6 years and my account has always had a very healthy surplus, all of a sudden I have received a letter stating that they are terminating my account and they don't have to tell me why. I have always been extremely happy with them so this has come as a complete shock! can anyone shed any light on the matter and can anyone recommend another good business account?

What's your business area/SIC? I gather they've been looking to reduce exposure in certain areas. They've been tightening up various things lately, it seems. Could also be credit-related(?)

Anyway, probably no great loss for you. Try HSBC.

Comment

ps. IIRC, this happened to someone else on CUK not too long ago. You may want to try a search.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Anyway, probably no great loss for you. Try HSBC.
        Except, CA is free for balances over £5k (though this charged is waived in certain cases eg. recommendations) and HSBC appears to charge a fee per month (6 months free initially though)

I'd be pretty annoyed if this happened to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          Except, CA is free for balances over £5k (though this charged is waived in certain cases eg. recommendations) and HSBC appears to charge a fee per month (6 months free initially though)
          Around £5.50 a month. Gosh, iniquitous.

Keep your war chest in the Deposit account and the earned interest cancels it out

I'd be pretty annoyed if this happened to me.
          I'd be demanding a written explanation, if only to ensure that haven't just f***ed up my credit rating.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Im with CA and not had anything like this.

Then again I wouldnt mind too mcuh they've ****ed things up badly a few times. I've just not had chance to sort something else out.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Im with CA and not had anything like this.

Then again I wouldnt mind too mcuh they've ****ed things up badly a few times. I've just not had chance to sort something else out.
              Couple of months on the bench not long enough?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Around £5.50 a month. Gosh, iniquitous.
                well, quite, look after the pennies and all that. It's the principle more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Babies mate. Take up all your time (And contract hunting).
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    He's got to walk six miles to his Poundland workfare assignment by 9:00 each morning.

Comment

Working...
                    X