• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thanks Dave.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Dave.....

Just as I was planning to relocate back to the UK:

Technology experts to get fast-track UK visas to attract best international talent | Technology | theguardian.com

So this will lower the wages for those not in on the intra company transfer scam. Feel sorry for the new graduates with whopping loans to repay and save for a house. One things a certain, my kids are not going into IT as a career.

Originally posted by oilyrag View Post
    Just as I was planning to relocate back to the UK:

Technology experts to get fast-track UK visas to attract best international talent | Technology | theguardian.com

So this will lower the wages for those not in on the intra company transfer scam. Feel sorry for the new graduates with whopping loans to repay and save for a house. One things a certain, my kids are not going into IT as a career.
    Nope. IT is not now a value-added service, it's a cost to business.

Comment

We need a concerted effort to get all this ICT visa abuse and the Indian outsourcer issue in the press...

Comment

we need to stop giving senior execs ipads which makes them think this technology thing is easy and anyone can do it so lets outsource to the cheapest code shop we can find

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
          We need a concerted effort to get all this ICT visa abuse and the Indian outsourcer issue in the press...
          But if IT is a cost and not an added value, then keeping that cost down is good for business, good for the economy, and good for the country. Try getting "abuse" noticed vs that viewpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            But if IT is a cost and not an added value, then keeping that cost down is good for business, good for the economy, and good for the country. Try getting "abuse" noticed vs that viewpoint.
            IT does add value if done properly.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              IT does add value if done properly.
              I know that. I don't think our politicians, our papers, or our public know it.

Comment

they do but they do not want it

since the dawn of time the only important people were lawyers, accountants, politicians and clerics...

IT professionals are fighting to join the ranks of the elite and the current twaterati do not want it

Comment

IT is just a glorified typing pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    IT is just a glorified typing pool.
                    Tell that to anyone with an RBS account…

Comment

Working...
                    X