• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7.7% growth per year, tax free!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.7% growth per year, tax free!!!

" House prices are rising at nearly ten times the pace of average earnings after Britain's biggest mortgage lender today that record low interest rates and the Government's Help to Buy scheme were sending demand through the roof.

Halifax claimed prices in November hit £174,910, up 1.1 per cent on October and 7.7 per cent on the same month a year ago - the highest annual rate for six years.

The typical house is now swapping hands for £174,910, up £13,577 on a year ago, a rise of £37 a day. Average salaries are rising at just 0.8 per cent a year.

Martin Ellis, Halifax housing economist said: "Stronger demand, combined with an insufficient increase in housing supply, has resuled in increases in house prices accompanying higher activity this year.

"Low interest rates, improvements in consumer confidence and official schemes, such as Funding for Lending and Help to Buy, all appear to have boosted demand."

Source: House prices across the UK are rising at nearly ten times average earnings - Telegraph

Gotto love the Osbornomics

I bought a forth house today. Great innit.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I'll think about it next week when I make my monthly rental payment... 15 years of renting so far... what were the house prices like in 1998?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I'll think about it next week when I make my monthly rental payment... 15 years of renting so far... what were the house prices like in 1998?
        They've collapsed since then. You did the right thing.

Ed Balls.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I'd love a Forth house.

Full of reverse Polish immigrants.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I'd love a Forth house.

Full of reverse Polish immigrants.

It's the Hungarian notation you should be concerned about ...

Comment

It's the Hungarian notation you should be concerned about ...
              Yeah, be very careful!
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

BBC News - Osborne: 'Let's not pretend there's a housing boom'

Yeah, OK then.
                Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

" House prices are rising at nearly ten times the pace of average earnings after Britain's biggest mortgage lender today that record low interest rates and the Government's Help to Buy scheme were sending demand through the roof.

Halifax claimed prices in November hit £174,910, up 1.1 per cent on October and 7.7 per cent on the same month a year ago - the highest annual rate for six years.

The typical house is now swapping hands for £174,910, up £13,577 on a year ago, a rise of £37 a day. Average salaries are rising at just 0.8 per cent a year.

Martin Ellis, Halifax housing economist said: "Stronger demand, combined with an insufficient increase in housing supply, has resuled in increases in house prices accompanying higher activity this year.

"Low interest rates, improvements in consumer confidence and official schemes, such as Funding for Lending and Help to Buy, all appear to have boosted demand."

Source: House prices across the UK are rising at nearly ten times average earnings - Telegraph

If you've borrowed against the asset you get a lot more than 7.7%. CHOKE ON MY LEVERAGE, RENTER.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    If you've borrowed against the asset you get a lot more than 7.7%. CHOKE ON MY LEVERAGE, RENTER.
                    Are you spreadbetting?

Comment

Working...
                    X