• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emergency!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emergency!

Anyone know where you can procure a decent cup of tea in Hamburg? With proper milk? Even the hotel supplies are Rooibos which I don't like. I may have to bring forward my flight home if this situation can't be resolved.
    Last edited by mudskipper; 7 December 2013, 09:55.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Anyone know where you can procure a decent cup of tea in Hamburg? With proper milk? Even the hotel supplies are Rooibos which I don't like. I may have to bring forward my flight home if this situation can't be resolved.
    Probably here: Home - Alsterhaus Hamburg
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Vorsicht! If you ask for Schwarze Tee, you might get Earl Grey. Try and find a Backstube. Starbucks is an option too.

HTH
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The best place for breakfast in Hamburg is: Fischmarkt Hamburg - Öffnungszeiten, Bilder, Informationen - hamburg.de although its probably still flooded. Spend a night on the razz, stroll down there, have a big fry-up and beer with live music, superb.

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

British Tea Room

Try here, and if they don't have "proper" milk, give em what for : )

How to find us - British Shopping & Tea Rooms Bergedorf
          If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

We have a victorian tea house here in Munich complete with cream tea.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Hamburg. Wow. Been twice and on both occasions we were not drinking tea.

Actually - there were lots of other distractions in that city for a young man but I presume your trip has been quite different.

Sorry - can't be of any help with the tea issue.

Comment

Tea, TEA!

Glühwein for breakfast followed by Glühwein mit Schuss for the rest of the day.

Bitte!

Have you ventured up to the marked in St Pauli yet.

Comment

Tea at Starbucks ok (real milk) but spoiled by cardboard cups. Steakhouse for lunch did a reasonable cup. Tonight's plan is market food then cocktails at the bar near the hotel which has been recommended. Not sure what to do with tomorrow - may venture further afield to the fishmarket if we get up early (unlikely) or some of the other markets. I presume the St Pauli one is the 'adult' one, where one can buy jewellery and dildos.

Comment

Tea at Starbucks ok (real milk) but spoiled by cardboard cups. Steakhouse for lunch did a reasonable cup. Tonight's plan is market food then cocktails at the bar near the hotel which has been recommended. Not sure what to do with tomorrow - may venture further afield to the fishmarket if we get up early (unlikely) or some of the other markets. I presume the St Pauli one is the 'adult' one, where one can buy jewellery and dildos.
                    Note the following for the Fischmarkt: Im Winter (16. November - 14. März) 07:00 Uhr - 09:30 Uhr, and don't go to the 'real' Fischmarkt as that is actually a fish market! AFAIK, the St. Pauli market is only on Wednesdays and at night times although they may have a Weihnachtsmarkt at the moment. BTW, this is what the Fischmarkt looked like 2 days ago:

Comment

Working...
                    X