• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ice skating.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice skating.

WTF is that all about? Health and safety job waiting to happen. If god wanted you to skate he had given you skates for feet FFS.

Well at least that's out of the way for another 25 years.

Does anyone actually like skating?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    WTF is that all about? Health and safety job waiting to happen. If god wanted you to skate he had given you skates for feet FFS.

Well at least that's out of the way for another 25 years.

Does anyone actually like skating?
    I haven't been for years, but yes, I enjoyed it.

I started when I was 3 or 4, and went on and off into my late teens / early 20's, although not all that regularly, as you didn't used to have that many ice rinks here.

And yes, I have seen fingers sliced off when someone has fallen and has their hand on the ice.

Comment

Man up

and watch Blades of Glory.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Went to the rink at the Natural History Museum with Mrs Admin and the kids yesterday as they had an in service day. I was dreading it TBH and had visions on broken bones and much falling over but I did OK. Once you get used to it, lean forward to keep balance and can slow and turn etc then it was all good. The kids enjoyed it but the Mrs was non too keen, spent most of the time either nicking the kids penguins or hanging on the the edge. With the amount of padding you reportedly have I would have thought you would have been OK if you took a bit of a tumble?

Comment

Iced SKA, mmmmm....

Comment

Yes - enjoy ice skating, go every week.

Comment

Comment

Makes your botty hurt more than...well, you get the idea
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                X